Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, sarti pooh said:

The commentary kit was fitted today and after a good test everything was running smoothly and could hear everything nice and clear so all going to plan you should hear @Jan Vojáčektomorrow bringing you your action.

My voice being piped into every home in the Shire. A proud moment.

All being well we will have my professional pal Chris alongside me. Chris is not only one of my best mates but also a topper of a commentator who has been geeking out as much as I have been. He will be the Jon Champion to my Ally McCoist.

He's a Sheffield United fan too, so five years of trying to convince to adopt Sons as his Scottish team might be paying off. Finally.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Are you doing shout outs,  @Jan Vojáček?

For a small fee I will be. 

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

My voice being piped into every home in the Shire. A proud moment.

All being well we will have my professional pal Chris alongside me. Chris is not only one of my best mates but also a topper of a commentator who has been geeking out as much as I have been. He will be the Jon Champion to my Ally McCoist.

He's a Sheffield United fan too, so five years of trying to convince to adopt Sons as his Scottish team might be paying off. Finally.

For a small fee I will be. 

All the best and good luck mate.Have signed up and will be tuning in tomorrow night.Enjoy it, its a great opportunity.

Edited by lorenzo71

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

All the best and good luck mate.Have signed up and will be tuning in tomorrow night.Enjoy it, its a great opportunity.

Cheers mate. I've always dreamt of being a commentator (albeit for motorsport, not actually football) so here we are. I would like to remind everyone that I get paid to write, not speak, at the moment though. And it's been about seven months since my last podcast!

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Setting the bar high here. Looking forward to it.

Nothing like setting the bar high only to disappoint. I mean we hosted podcasts and TV shows together at Uni when we didn't have some red hot lower league football to keep us entertained. How hard can this be...

22 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:
Setting the bar high here. Looking forward to it.

I'm sure we can expect a little known historical fact about either Dumbarton or Dunfermline.

Would help if the Sons Archive hadn't died recently 😐

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cheers mate. I've always dreamt of being a commentator (albeit for motorsport, not actually football) so here we are. I would like to remind everyone that I get paid to write, not speak, at the moment though. And it's been about seven months since my last podcast!

Nothing like setting the bar high only to disappoint. I mean we hosted podcasts and TV shows together at Uni when we didn't have some red hot lower league football to keep us entertained. How hard can this be...

Would help if the Sons Archive hadn't died recently 😐

You'll be fine.New signigs to talk about on both sides as well as each clubs ambitions for the League season ahead.

Just ram the 4-3 win at EEP down their throats .Season 2012/13 .Good gracious...😵 8 years ago....

29 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

You'll be fine.New signigs to talk about on both sides as well as each clubs ambitions for the League season ahead.

Just ram the 4-3 win at EEP down their throats .Season 2012/13 .Good gracious...😵 8 years ago....

I've actually been reminiscing about that game a lot today. It was one of my favourite ever Sons games I think. What a season. What a team. And what a goal Chris Turner scored that day.

5 hours ago, microdave said:

I need a bit of technical advice about the streaming. Because it's best used through a browser, does that mean I can plug a laptop to the telly with an hdmi lead so I can watch on a bigger screen?

Yes

Probably better to have advised that it's best watched via a PC or laptop rather than a mobile device such as a phone or a tablet. Mobile browsers don't always do well with streaming media unless it's via a dedicated app.

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A wee query - does anyone know how secure the PPV site is ?  I'm a bit reticent about firing my card details onto any website, and I'm presuming PayPal isn't an option due to the costs involved ?

I've seen hockey streams that allow Paypal transactions.

11 hours ago, microdave said:

I need a bit of technical advice about the streaming. Because it's best used through a browser, does that mean I can plug a laptop to the telly with an hdmi lead so I can watch on a bigger screen?

Get yourself a chromecast, much better than HDMI!