Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

I don’t think he can maybe the reserves but not first team squad. I’m sure I seen @Skyline Drifter comment on a question like this the other day.

Not me. No idea about rules on that to be honest. He will need to be tested to train with Hibs but they may well be doing that. I assume Dumbarton are not testing.

On 03/10/2020 at 21:03, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The majority of clubs offering non pixelot streaming already had a streaming service in place so that’s a load of shite. They didn’t watch a random test stream from one of the clubs who have it and decide “that’s pish, we’ll go with a cameraman and an expensive camera”. 

For us, and many others, the Pixelot service is the easiest and most affordable.

To be fair thats pretty much exactly what happened in some cases. Ours for a start. Appreciate you need someone who knows what he is doing but its far cheaper to do it yourself than pay Pixellot too.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair thats pretty much exactly what happened in some cases. Ours for a start. Appreciate you need someone who knows what he is doing but its far cheaper to do it yourself than pay Pixellot too.

Did Queen of the South buy all of the equipment to stream using a manually operated camera and if so how does that cost compare vs the Pixellot setup?  

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did Queen of the South buy all of the equipment to stream using a manually operated camera and if so how does that cost compare vs the Pixellot setup?  

We've purchased some IT stuff. We already had a camera itself for filming matches but then so do you as I've watched the excellent Sons TV before.

It was cheaper than Pixellot by many thousands I believe.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We've purchased some IT stuff. We already had a camera itself for filming matches but then so do you as I've watched the excellent Sons TV before.

It was cheaper than Pixellot by many thousands I believe.

We don't unfortunately. That camera was owned by the guy who used to do SonsTV and he gave that up midway through last season. 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We don't unfortunately. That camera was owned by the guy who used to do SonsTV and he gave that up midway through last season. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not our camera I’m afraid.

Fair enough, and of course that is the big advantage of the Pixellot system in that it doesn't in theory need anyone to operate it unless you are adding commentary. It's damned expensive and there have been teething troubles with some of them (ours isn't working yet but that's BT's issue, not Pixellot's) but once it's in and working it runs itself. Our system will in my opinion be better, and it's significantly cheaper (even if we'd had to buy a camera and tripod it would be considerably less than half the cost) but it depends on having available personnel to film it and run the tech side which is a two man team every game. And then a commentary team on top, though we'd need that with Pixellot too.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough, and of course that is the big advantage of the Pixellot system in that it doesn't in theory need anyone to operate it unless you are adding commentary. It's damned expensive and there have been teething troubles with some of them (ours isn't working yet but that's BT's issue, not Pixellot's) but once it's in and working it runs itself. Our system will in my opinion be better, and it's significantly cheaper (even if we'd had to buy a camera and tripod it would be considerably less than half the cost) but it depends on having available personnel to film it and run the tech side which is a two man team every game. And then a commentary team on top, though we'd need that with Pixellot too.

This is spot on. Club's own systems usually rely on volunteers turning up each week. If nobody turns up, no stream, no additional income. Even if people turn up every week there will be variable output depending on the experience of the cameraman. The alternative is an automated system, which guarantees a feed for every game. The certainty of having a feed for a PPV game for many clubs will outweigh dependence on the reliability of volunteers turning up every match. 

With the necessity to bring money in at the moment, I think we have got this right.

3 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Surely we will see some transfer activity today.Can't believe we will go with 13 players ( does 1 not have covid?) for  the game tomorrow.At least a back-up keeper is imperative.

Signing news at 3.00pm according to Twitter

Wonder how many and what positions?

Edited by Rising Sons
Error

Signing news at 3.00pm according to Twitter
Wonder how many and what positions?

Would imagine it will be a keeper seeing as we only have one at the moment. Unless we plan on putting an outfield player down as a sub goalie.

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Well done to all those who have made it possible. 

It might not be the Sky Sports standards that some folk seem to expect but it going to allow us to watch a game and, probably more importantly, more money to the club. 

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing all the effing and blinding from the players. 

5 minutes ago, microdave said:

I need a bit of technical advice about the streaming. Because it's best used through a browser, does that mean I can plug a laptop to the telly with an hdmi lead so I can watch on a bigger screen?

Yeah that'll work chief. I think that's actually the best plan. I'll be doing the same.

Pixellot also said the stream will work on all browsers but they found Google chrome gives the best results.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yes.

3 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Yeah that'll work chief. I think that's actually the best plan. I'll be doing the same.

Pixellot also said the stream will work on all browsers but they found Google chrome gives the best results.

Cheers. I just need to buy a laptop now.