Sons' sorrow

It’s also by far the worst way to provide streaming.   You can film on a phone and stream it on periscope and provide a far better service.  
Any club expecting fans to pay for a piss poor pixellot stream are insane,  you might get away with charging a pound or two but anything more then that will only get first time viewers.  Nobody is going to pay £10 and be happy with what is provided.  
The expense of buying a half decent camera is far less than what you’d get back from having a satisfied group of fans paying for an acceptable stream. 
It's far too early to judge how good/bad it will be as nobody has watched a game via that method yet. And since the games are bcd, there's going to be nobody to periscope via a phone anyway. The phrase any port in a storm springs to mind.

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Don’t buy it then.

Out of interest, how many full streams have you watched? Not to mention if you have watched any they are test streams that are being used for calibration purposes etc. 

You got any prices at hand with regard to how much it actually costs to buy a good camera and set up a streaming service? Na, didn’t think so.

Your first paragraph is utter nonsense tbh. 

I’ve watched more than enough.   Anything happening on the far side of the pitch is guesswork,   Ball tracking has been horrific(it’s  apparently better now) the system can’t handle any glare from sunlight.   Test streams or not the standard is dreadful.  

How much is too much to pay to provide a reasonable product?   Yes the costs are significant but they are easily recouped from bringing in a decent amount of viewers. 

11 minutes ago, microdave said:

It's far too early to judge how good/bad it will be as nobody has watched a game via that method yet. And since the games are bcd, there's going to be nobody to periscope via a phone anyway. The phrase any port in a storm springs to mind.

Many fans have watched pixellot streams.  Very few have anything positive to say.  The clubs could periscope themselves,  I wouldn’t recommend it, i was just using it as a comparison to how bad pixellot is.

7 hours ago, son hawk said:

Working that out to a little over £11.50 per game which is probably reasonable. Would imagine a PPV cost would be around £12/£13 based on that.

You'll have to factor in the, now seemingly slim, chance that crowd restrictions are lifted before the end of the season.

Streaming games at 3 on a Saturday in the UK is only allowed while crowd restrictions are in force.

You'll have to factor in the, now seemingly slim, chance that crowd restrictions are lifted before the end of the season.
Streaming games at 3 on a Saturday in the UK is only allowed while crowd restrictions are in force.

Does this mean we’re selling a subscription for £150 without actually knowing how many games will be shown in the UK?

Would restrictions be lifted when ANY supporters are allowed in or when ALL supporters are allowed to return as technically only a certain percentage being allowed to attend games is still a restriction?

6 hours ago, son hawk said:

Does this mean we’re selling a subscription for £150 without actually knowing how many games will be shown in the UK?

Would restrictions be lifted when ANY supporters are allowed in or when ALL supporters are allowed to return as technically only a certain percentage being allowed to attend games is still a restriction?

Only when all fans are allowed in will the "blackout" come back into effect.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I’ve watched more than enough.   Anything happening on the far side of the pitch is guesswork,   Ball tracking has been horrific(it’s  apparently better now) the system can’t handle any glare from sunlight.   Test streams or not the standard is dreadful.  

Watching one game against Stenny doesn't count as more than enough.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Look pal, the club is in a very dangerous position because of a global pandemic. We've been extended the chance of making some money when it looked like our main source of income had been removed. If you're expecting part time clubs to fork out on expensive camera equipment (with no subsidy) and pull together a team of volunteers to film a game just so c***s like you can be happy with the "product" that is a Scottish League 1 fixture, you're fucking deluded. 

If you don't like Pixelot then don't pay for it but most fans realise this is the best that can be done in the circumstances and is the only way clubs like ours will survive. 

As you say its the best of a bad situation.I'd rather watch something of a game than follow a twitter feed( although those guys do a great job).It is what it is and im sure will improve as time goes by.That PAR fan saying periscope is better though  is UTTER SHITE.

Does anyone know if we had a friendly yesterday? I know it was outwith our control but I’m slightly concerned we could be kicking off the season with only 14 players and potentially only 4 friendlies under our belt. Normally I couldn’t give a shit about the League Cup but in these desperate times we could really do with as much cash as possible. Surely we’ll see 2 or 3 additions (at the very least) before Tuesday’s game?

Does anyone know if we had a friendly yesterday? I know it was outwith our control but I’m slightly concerned we could be kicking off the season with only 14 players and potentially only 4 friendlies under our belt. Normally I couldn’t give a shit about the League Cup but in these desperate times we could really do with as much cash as possible. Surely we’ll see 2 or 3 additions (at the very least) before Tuesday’s game?
It looked as if the players were in for a training session. The park wasn't set up on Friday night so I don't think it was a game.

We usually treat the league cup as friendlies so don’t suppose this season will be any different

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

We usually treat the league cup as friendlies so don’t suppose this season will be any different

I’m not that arsed about the cup games tbh. My main worry is that at the minute we’re going into those games with only 14 players (who have only played 4 pre season games) which will be a huge strain on the squad with the league games fast approaching. Asking the majority of them to play 90 minutes per game, against some pretty tough opposition, means we could be risking a few injuries. With this season being shortened there’s no room for error and the last thing we want is an injury crisis. Hopefully we’ll see a few more bodies sign up for the cup games to take the strain off what looks like being a fairly small squad this year. 

We certainly need more players. I’d imagine another keeper at least as we must be the only team in the country who has a goalkeeping coach but doesn’t have our own goalkeeper
Jamie Ewing's has left now. We no longer have a goalkeeper coach as far as I'm aware.

36 minutes ago, super-son said:
We certainly need more players. I’d imagine another keeper at least as we must be the only team in the country who has a goalkeeping coach but doesn’t have our own goalkeeper

Jamie Ewing's has left now. We no longer have a goalkeeper coach as far as I'm aware.

We do was announced on the same day.

36 minutes ago, super-son said:

We do, Robert Glen is the new one.