Sons' sorrow

27 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Surely common sense HAS to prevail.If our stadium can hold 2000 and we sell 300 ST then that is the social distancing box ticked.Hand gel in the stadium plus obligatory use of a mask should keep the beaks happy.No away fans and No pay at the gate.Hospitality could be done by prior booking but i'm not sure how successful it will be amongst ST holders only.

The rest have to watch via streaming...£10 A GAME( I would rather make it cheap to attract more fans especially away supporters) for all fans including those living abroad will bring some cash in.Whether it is enough to survive I do not know.But it would be something.As I see it life goes on and the economy simply cannot be closed down.Each club must come up with their own plan that would satisfy the govt guidelines.

Any fee for streaming a game has to be sufficient to cover player wages. There's only so many people who will pay to stream a Dumbarton game. For every 10 people paying £14, you'd need 14 people paying £10. Thats the reality - is cutting the cost of the stream (and I've picked those numbers at random) going to see that kind of increase in folk paying to watch?

24 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Any fee for streaming a game has to be sufficient to cover player wages. There's only so many people who will pay to stream a Dumbarton game. For every 10 people paying £14, you'd need 14 people paying £10. Thats the reality - is cutting the cost of the stream (and I've picked those numbers at random) going to see that kind of increase in folk paying to watch?

You could incentivise it the same as we have done for the season ticket. Pay £10 for the stream only, pay £14 and you get entered into a raffle for a signed shirt or something else that's relatively low cost to the club but gives the viewer something else for the money.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You could incentivise it the same as we have done for the season ticket. Pay £10 for the stream only, pay £14 and you get entered into a raffle for a signed shirt or something else that's relatively low cost to the club but gives the viewer something else for the money.

There's certainly a further discussion to be had on ancillary income. The club make nothing from food and drink sales or 50/50 sales when streaming games. The 50/50 part could be addressed. Glasgow Clan are still running raffles for the archive games that they're streaming on a Saturday night. There would be a mechanism for the club to run an online version of the 50/50 but the big question would be cost. Would it bring in enough?

Given fans boredom of staying cooped up , i'm betting quite a few awa fans will pay a tenner to watch their team.If worldwide we could average 400 streams per game that would go some way to covering the cost of lost gates although not enough for the loss of hospitality.We are in for a penny we may as well be in for a pound.Inactivity and negativity will spell certain doom.But if we make the effort to recoup some of the cash we might just make it.With Falkirk and partick being in the league we could get decent streams from those games not to mention EF and Clyde who have decent supports.

Edited by lorenzo71

I see Barry Ferguson came out saying Kelty may need to withdraw from the Betfred cup as the cost of testing for their 2 games v premiership clubs would be too much. I don't think they will be the last if it is indeed the case. Can't help but think it makes a bit of a mockery of the competition (even though I dont think we should fork out £1500 for testing either) 

3-2 vs rovers  Jones hat-trick!!!!

Jones only got 2.
Forbes got the third.

Robert Jones headed Dumbarton in front after 23 minutes, finishing off a Ross Forbes cross.

And five minutes later he had his and Sons' second goal, this time with a tap-in.

After 36 minutes it was 3-0, and having already set a goal up, Forbes had one of his own in spectacular style.

Having spotted the keeper off his line, he applied a fine lobbed finish to extend Sons' lead.

9 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I see Barry Ferguson came out saying Kelty may need to withdraw from the Betfred cup as the cost of testing for their 2 games v premiership clubs would be too much. I don't think they will be the last if it is indeed the case. Can't help but think it makes a bit of a mockery of the competition (even though I dont think we should fork out £1500 for testing either) 

Thought Kelty were #Money?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Thought Kelty were #Money?

Thought that myself. Just a few months ago they put out a "if money is a problem we don't need it" statement in a desperate attempt to gain promotion to League 2 and now they're withdrawing from tournaments over £3K. 

Edited by The Moonster

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

i thought the minimum prize money was 20k? If so it makes no sense to not cough up 3k for testing. 

I believe that it is £20k for finishing bottom. So that would be £20k minimum.

Sorry ignore me. Totally misread your post.

Edited by super-son
Dafty

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

i thought the minimum prize money was 20k? If so it makes no sense to not cough up 3k for testing. 

I think the idea at the moment is that a team would forfeit the match where they don't do the testing, but they would still get their prize money depending on where they finish. In your scenario the team would get £20k minimum and not pay out the £3k cost, so the sense is in making that saving. Reduces their chances of progressing of course, as well as other benefits in playing SPFL teams, but may be the better option in the circumstances.

For example we play Kilmarnock away in our last League cup game. By that time we may already be confirmed as bottom of the group. So is it worth paying £1500 to play a game that is meaningless. On a similar note does anyone know why premier teams still have to test when other football can be played without testing?