Sons' sorrow

Has anyone at the club/trust ever thought about setting up the facility to make a recurring monthly donation to the club? A bit like a Netflix subscription, where you chuck in a tenner or whatever you can afford every month. Maybe something like a Patreon? I know the trust does have its bank details online, so you could set up a direct debit, but that's a bit of a hassle.

Edited by FifeSons

10 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Has anyone at the club/trust ever thought about setting up the facility to make a recurring monthly donation to the club? A bit like a Netflix subscription, where you chuck in a tenner or whatever you can afford every month. Maybe something like a Patreon? I know the trust does have its bank details online, so you could set up a direct debit, but that's a bit of a hassle.

Managers Fund is the only thing I can think that has been close. Could be a good thing to set up, especially if fans (as it appears) won't be allowed back when it kicks off.

I haven't seen any further announcements since the initial one. I expect it'll all be sorted for the League Cup.
They've said that the friendlies won't be announced beforehand so we can rule out public live streams from them but they could do it for someone private even just to test it out. Hopefully we can maybe get highlights of them at least. Obviously talking about home friendlies if we have any.

I see the lad Rohan Ferguson has signed for Queen of the South. Who else can we expect to come in between the sticks? Can't see us going with 2 loanees but will it be a young/unknown/unproven backup 'keeper or will we look to sign someone to compete for the no 1 jersey?

Basically I'm fed up of the lack of transfer speculation 😂

I see the lad Rohan Ferguson has signed for Queen of the South. Who else can we expect to come in between the sticks? Can't see us going with 2 loanees but will it be a young/unknown/unproven backup 'keeper or will we look to sign someone to compete for the no 1 jersey?

Basically I'm fed up of the lack of transfer speculation [emoji23]
#JimDuffySecretiveGenius

15 hours ago, RGD89 said:

Has anyone got any info about the payment plan available for the ST doesn’t seem to be any info on the website.

Cheers

From the os - 

We are also able to confirm that payment plans of 10 monthly instalments can be put in place for supporters wishing to purchase a season ticket.

If you wish to take up this option, please get in touch with general manager Antonia Love at office@dumbartonfc.co.uk or on 01389 762569.

10 minutes ago, Highland Son said:

I have it on very good authority that a lad called Jamie Wilson has just signed up.

A quick Google search reveals one Jamie Wilson, formerly of ICT and Rothes, but more recently playing in Australia. A bit left field, but he's a forward so I assume he's the one who scored 2 the other night. Only 22. 

A quick Google search reveals one Jamie Wilson, formerly of ICT and Rothes, but more recently playing in Australia. A bit left field, but he's a forward so I assume he's the one who scored 2 the other night. Only 22. 
It's certainly left-field but Duffiola's signings have been more good than bad so I'm willing to go with it.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's certainly left-field but Duffiola's signings have been more good than bad so I'm willing to go with it.

Very much this.

More than willing to give this cat a chance, whoever the hell he is.

Apparently it's 1.5k for testing for one match but we'd get 20k for finishing bottom of the group. I don't think we'll have any gate receipts at all from this tournament so I suppose it comes down to how much we need that 1.5k. The board won't forfeit a match unless we absolutely have to, so I'd back them if they feel that is the only course of action open to us.

Apparently it's 1.5k for testing for one match but we'd get 20k for finishing bottom of the group. I don't think we'll have any gate receipts at all from this tournament so I suppose it comes down to how much we need that 1.5k. The board won't forfeit a match unless we absolutely have to, so I'd back them if they feel that is the only course of action open to us.

What is the point of paying £1500 to play a match that you are going to lose anyway