Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Awww shucks.
I won't say too much at the moment, but having other voices on co-comms is definitely something I'd be a fan of. I'd love to get ex-players/injured players involved too. 
We're sorted for a lead commentator and that was always going to be a big thing. It's an art form and one of these things that very few people have the knack for (I certainly don't think I do, I have the research side of a commentator but I couldn't do the job itself - despite that being what my dissertation was on). I'm very confident that we've got someone who has that knack and painstaking attention to detail though and I'm seriously looking forward to working with him again. Clue is on my Twitter for anyone interested

Piece of piss. I did Hospital Radio commentaries on Sons games home and away for the Vale Hospital in the late 1980's, including a post - match interview. Apparently during a Stranraer game an old lady in the geriatric ward who had been bedridden for four years got up and walked over to turn off the radio.

🤣

That's you officially on co-commentary for a midweek game with Peterhead now by the way. Good to know we have more experience in our ranks 😉

50 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Awww shucks.
I won't say too much at the moment, but having other voices on co-comms is definitely something I'd be a fan of. I'd love to get ex-players/injured players involved too. 
We're sorted for a lead commentator and that was always going to be a big thing. It's an art form and one of these things that very few people have the knack for (I certainly don't think I do, I have the research side of a commentator but I couldn't do the job itself - despite that being what my dissertation was on). I'm very confident that we've got someone who has that knack and painstaking attention to detail though and I'm seriously looking forward to working with him again. Clue is on my Twitter for anyone interested

Piece of piss. I did Hospital Radio commentaries on Sons games home and away for the Vale Hospital in the late 1980's, including a post - match interview. Apparently during a Stranraer game an old lady in the geriatric ward who had been bedridden for four years got up and walked over to turn off the radio.

Dinnae take it personally she was a Stranraer fan and Jim George's SONS had just stuffed them 5-2.

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As has already been pointed out though, you won't be allowed to. When Covid restrictions on crowds are eventually lifted, the ban on streaming live games in the UK will be reinstated.

If you have the know how and Dumbarton make the service available to overseas viewers, you can use a proxy server to pretend to be overseas of course.

Of course but if I see even a handful of games I will be happy.

16 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Dinnae take it personally she was a Stranraer fan and Jim George's SONS had just stuffed them 5-2.

That was certainly one of the better home games - God and Stuart McIver were unstoppable - but the best commentary was definitely the 4-3 win over Clyde at Firhill after being 1-3 down, with a 25-yard screamer from The Crab and a heroic performance from Paddy McGowan.

Firhill was also the place where I was asked to leave the press box by stewards acting on the instructions of Thistle Chairman Miller Reid who was presumably hacked off listening to someone sat behind him describing the pumping Sons were handing out to his team 😁

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
18 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:
emoji1787.png
That's you officially on co-commentary for a midweek game with Peterhead now by the way. Good to know we have more experience in our ranks emoji6.png

I'd be delighted - I take it swearing is permitted ?

It's important we give the locked out Sons fans that essential matchday experience, so I don't see why not ;)

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

As those of you who live in and around G82 will know, I had a really good chat with Dom Thomas about his time at the Rock in the Lennox this week.

But for those of you who can't pick up a paper copy I'm afraid it's the dreaded website for you. Clicky.

Excellent article -- and you just never know whether a future DFC star will read this and think "I could do the same"

FFS  not a peep about training or new faces.....so so quiet.Calling The HUMP....
Jim continued: “We don't want to look at players during the initial period – we want to give ourselves an opportunity to get used to the new routine.
“The training balls have to be sanitised and the players have to bring all their own kit, so not having as many players will make it a bit easier for us to bed in.
“We may have a couple in with us on Saturday, but not tomorrow or Thursday"

Quote from the os on Monday. Pitk.

12 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Matthew Shiels - talk to me.

ETA: Having had a look through your thread, it sounds a bit of a rubbish signing.

Bench-warmer at best and pretty ineffective.Having said that he wasn't given much game time and was/is only 17.Maybe with games there will be a player there.One for the future is the ppolite way i'd describe him.

ETA: Having had a look through your thread, it sounds a bit of a rubbish signing.
The lad looked lightweight and he was another Premier loanee who looked a product of the very formulaic coaching system these teams employ. Teams in our division need brain and brawn in equal measure.

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

TBF I think a lot of clubs are working with very tight budgets and it's a case of getting players in to make a team.Uncertainty coupled with NO/LITTLE spectators and fewer games means that we beggars cannot be choosers.IMO it will be a case of getting who we can especially with 5th and 6th tier clubs with bigger budgets.