Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Well guys my journey has had it's ups and downs since I started as Kenny's assistant many moons ago then took charge after he left. Had a two year holiday after one too many fall outs with AJ( he's still a pal though). Didn't think I'd be closing the gates for the last time today, but heh hoh life goes on. Worked myself all through the summer and hopefully I've left a pitch that will last the winter, I wouldn't put any money on it though. Not my doing I must add. I'll still be looking in, here's hoping you have a cracking season and get back up to the championship. All the best guys. emoji106.pngemoji106.pngps just a couple of pics how I've left it. 20200813_140840.jpeg20200813_140615.jpeg20200820_150752.jpeg20200813_140754.jpeg

You've been the best Dick since Wee Dick.

All the best Buster in whatever you do. Shame not to have you continuing as, in my opinion, we had one of, if not the best, parks in the league.

Reading between the lines it seems that the parting is not entirely amicable. Seems that buster was happy to stay on but the club were not! Strange decision seeing the great job he has done over the years, getting the park playable when it resembled a mud bath was nothing more than miraculous. 

Not sure what the clubs plans are exactly. It cant exactly be cost cutting because any replacement will need paid. Unless of course the club are going without a groundsman, which would be a disaster, and or they are getting someone in to do it for nothing! 

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

You've been the best Dick since Wee Dick.

7 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

No idea what they have planned for ground staff, It's more the fact the summer work only got done 4 weeks ago so the pitch lost out on two months intensive growing. That's when the dodgy areas thicken up and give it a fighting chance. Plus if there is any extra games on it, which could be in their plans then it could be disaterous. IMHO.

9 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Well guys my journey has had it's ups and downs since I started as Kenny's assistant many moons ago then took charge after he left. Had a two year holiday after one too many fall outs with AJ( he's still a pal though). Didn't think I'd be closing the gates for the last time today, but heh hoh life goes on. Worked myself all through the summer and hopefully I've left a pitch that will last the winter, I wouldn't put any money on it though. Not my doing I must add. I'll still be looking in, here's hoping you have a cracking season and get back up to the championship. All the best guys. emoji106.pngemoji106.pngps just a couple of pics how I've left it. 20200813_140840.jpeg20200813_140615.jpeg20200820_150752.jpeg20200813_140754.jpeg

Thanks for all your skilled work over the years, Buster.  

16 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

God I miss football so much.

Can only echo what others have said Buster, thanks so much for getting games on in all manner of conditions and saving me a manic Monday trying to fill a paper because of call offs! I can only hope that the pitch doesn't end up in the state it was in the last time you left, because if it does then we'll have a very quiet winter - home game wise anyway.

Whoever comes in has an unenviable task to try and keep the park at the levels you managed. I've absolutely no idea how you kept it looking so good!

From what I've been told whoever takes it on will need to be superhuman, but that's for another day.

God I miss football so much.
Can only echo what others have said Buster, thanks so much for getting games on in all manner of conditions and saving me a manic Monday trying to fill a paper because of call offs! I can only hope that the pitch doesn't end up in the state it was in the last time you left, because if it does then we'll have a very quiet winter - home game wise anyway.
Whoever comes in has an unenviable task to try and keep the park at the levels you managed. I've absolutely no idea how you kept it looking so good!

It's all gone awfully quiet.  After the initial surge of signings things seem to have stalled a bit.  I know when it comes to Duffy there doesn't tend to be many rumours flying around regarding new signings so perhaps there may be a few in the pipeline.
PITK.
Signing up the core of the squad was probably the easier bit of the process, but I've become a bit concerned that Buster's departure may be connected to finances, and if it is then further player recruitment ain't gonna be at all easy. Does anyone know if in addition to the public crowdfunder and the James Anderson money there has been any significant business or corporate input ?

Signing up the core of the squad was probably the easier bit of the process, but I've become a bit concerned that Buster's departure may be connected to finances, and if it is then further player recruitment ain't gonna be at all easy. Does anyone know if in addition to the public crowdfunder and the James Anderson money there has been any significant business or corporate input ?

My understanding is that the club are considering allowing other teams to use the ground to get some finance in so the ground will need double the care. But not prepared to pay double or even any extra. We saw what happened the last time he left. And if they do have extra games on the pitch I reckon that March/April could be very busy Just like the halcyon days of 1970-1972 when we had multiple games in hand coming in to March