Sons' sorrow

44 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They were both at Celtic at the same time so it's likely they know each other. As Sarti has pointed out though, we'd need Crossan to change wings and that's not happening with Forbes playing on the right. I do think Forbes and Wardrop will work well down that side though.

I hope there is scope for CROSSAN to play upfront as he looked class at FORFAR when Layne WENT OFF INJURED.Hope Duffy adapts him to that role.

11 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Our pitch has been one of, if not the best in the league in recent years. Credit to the job Buster done. Shame he's away, by the looks of twitter it wasn't his decision......

Had a look at his Twitter there.

I have no idea what the story is but the club should have worked hard to keep him on. Does a great job with what I imagine can be a proper nightmare of a park to manage at times.

There's your Kevin Nesbit with a hat-trick for Hibs today. Don't think any of us who saw him in a Sons shirt would have predicted his career going in quite the direction it has. 

2 hours ago, PWL said:

There's your Kevin Nesbit with a hat-trick for Hibs today. Don't think any of us who saw him in a Sons shirt would have predicted his career going in quite the direction it has. 

Fair play to the lad, if he continues on the same path it wont be long until he’s getting a call up for the Scotland squad. I thought he was fairly honking in a Sons shirt and was highly critical of him but in hindsight there weren’t many strikers who flourished in a Sons shirt during that wee fanny’s tenure. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Nisbet was with us at probably the worst time in the club's history for a striker. Playing so defensively against terrific premiership quality sides every week. What a fud Aitken was(is)!

I recall Nisbet leading the line fairly well against Alloa in the playoff final 1st leg, before being shunted out wide as part of Aitken’s abominable tactics in the 2nd leg - nullifying any threat he might otherwise have had. Sums it up quite neatly for me. 

Nade was the only striker that ever really worked with Aitken’s tactics. Given the ball into feet he’d frequently hold onto the ball (often retreating towards his own goal) for the 5 or 6 seconds required for any player to get near him. I have no idea how Aitken thought a midfield so separated from our single attacker was ever likely to yield enough goals to win games.

3 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Nisbet was freed by thistle as well so wasn’t just us Probably more to do with the players attitude at the time

Aye, he chats about it here:https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-nisbet-reveals-covid-19-fears-over-hibs-move-football-wake-call-and-why-he-doesnt-set-personal-targets-2912478

From the sounds of it, he thought he'd made it and could f**k about and then shat it when Thistle released him and realised he had to actually work hard.

Let's not get carried away here. Kevin Nisbet had made a decent progression since he left us but it's stretching things to suggest that Stevie Aitken was responsible for his generally insipid performances in a Dumbarton shirt. A hat-trick at Livi sounds impressive until you actually see the goals, so I'll reserve judgement for now. At least though the penalty hit the target.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

8 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Let's not get carried away here. Kevin Nisbet had made a decent progression since he left us but it's stretching things to suggest that Stevie Aitken was responsible for his generally insipid performances in a Dumbarton shirt. A hat-trick at Livi sounds impressive until you actually see the goals, so I'll reserve judgement for now. At least though the penalty hit the target.

Think you're leaving it a bit late to reserve judgement.

Since leaving us he tore it up at Raith, Dunfermline and got a hattrick on his second appearance for the Hibbees.

I think he's a safe bet now.

Think you're leaving it a bit late to reserve judgement.
Since leaving us he tore it up at Raith, Dunfermline and got a hattrick on his second appearance for the Hibbees.
I think he's a safe bet now.
Which tends to suggest that he wasn't bothering his arse at Thistle and Dumbarton, and we saw evidence of that. If he continues his scoring rate at Hibs then fair play to the lad, but any comparisons with his time he are pointless.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Which tends to suggest that he wasn't bothering his arse at Thistle and Dumbarton, and we saw evidence of that. If he continues his scoring rate at Hibs then fair play to the lad, but any comparisons with his time he are pointless.

Nisbet said himself he felt he'd made it and it wasn't until Thistle released him that he realised he needed to work harder. A right b*****d that he chose the summer after leaving us to do that but it is what it is.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Nisbet said himself he felt he'd made it and it wasn't until Thistle released him that he realised he needed to work harder. A right b*****d that he chose the summer after leaving us to do that but it is what it is.

How do you think we feel?

On 08/08/2020 at 22:54, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Nisbet wasn’t exactly the only striker to do nothing under Aitken and go on to better things, though. See also Brophy, Eamonn and Nuttall, Joe.