Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Can see McKee going to airdrie

Is this a bit of ITK info talented player, would certainly take him...   No other links to him as far as I know,  we are in dire need of midfield players,   Your signing rumours are pretty good though.

3 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

If he does decide to go to Airdrie, he really should set off now, he might get there by Oct 17th.  Slower than drying paint, so he is.  

Falkirk fans really need to get over their former players. Two years of this with David Smith and now a season with Joe McKee. Feel free to tear into big Ryan McGeever if you want too.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Falkirk fans really need to get over their former players. Two years of this with David Smith and now a season with Joe McKee. Feel free to tear into big Ryan McGeever if you want too.

It's what's known by psychologists as 'Wee Big Club Syndrome' and is characterised by deep bitterness borne of repeated failure.

If the Wardrop and Ferguson rumours are true, that's the back line sorted with 2 months to spare. Considering we didn't have any players with 2 weeks to go last year, I'm counting this as progress and a sign that Duffy is actually on the ball this summer.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If the Wardrop and Ferguson rumours are true, that's the back line sorted with 2 months to spare. Considering we didn't have any players with 2 weeks to go last year, I'm counting this as progress and a sign that Duffy is actually on the ball this summer.

We are ahead of last year because COVID has bought us that time.Its worked out  in a very perverse sort of way.If the season were starting now im not sure we would have been so ready especially with Jim's heart attack....right before LC fixtures probably. Im grateful for small mercies but still wish we didn't have to suffer this pandemic.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's a massive difference on the previous few seasons, albeit we are in a funny scenario. If I remember correctly, even Aitken took a while to get the signings in. It should make a difference with us not having to be rushing about at the last minute, trying to pick up scraps to fill in a position, just so that we can field a team.

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

We are ahead of last year because COVID has bought us that time.Its worked out  in a very perverse sort of way.If the season were starting now im not sure we would have been so ready especially with Jim's heart attack....right before LC fixtures probably. Im grateful for small mercies but still wish we didn't have to suffer this pandemic.

Meh, last year we knew what division we'd be part of in May and we still pissed around until the start of July before we got our arse in gear. It's precisely why we ended up signing half the exit trials. I understand it wasn't solely down to Duffy dragging his feet and we had issues at board room level with budgets/the owners and such, but it took an age to get Duffy to commit and to start building the team. Even with Covid and Duffy's heart attack we're still much more prepared than last season, which is a credit to everyone involved with the club (fans too).

Rohan Ferguson would be a very good signing and I’d say an upgrade on Brennan. He’s player a lot of games for his age and I would assume he’s only improved after a year at Linfield. I know he was training with Livingston and I was expecting him to get a full-time deal at a lower end Championship team.

He seemed to do quite well working with Neil Parry and then became first choice when we went full-time with a very young squad. He never really had a settled or even competent defence in front of him in his time at Airdrie (we conceded 66 goals in his first full season despite being full-time) and after Parry left he never had any experienced keepers to challenge him which didn’t help. There were definitely times when he made a few mistakes and his confidence was low but overall he was a decent keeper at this level. He wasn’t the most commanding and seemed to struggle with high balls and coming off his line but that might have improved with experience.