Sons' sorrow

Apparently we can name 9 subs next season and play 5. Somehow I feel this advantages the clubs with big squads and big budgets. No way we are going to fill a bench next season. We struggled to put 5 guys on the bench for most of past 2 years.

Just now, pleslie99 said:

Apparently we can name 9 subs next season and play 5. Somehow I feel this advantages the clubs with big squads and big budgets. No way we are going to fill a bench next season. We struggled to put 5 guys on the bench for most of past 2 years.

This is being put to each division separately to vote on. It's been approved by the Premiership clubs, but League 1 haven't voted on it yet.

An utterly nonsensical proposal, and one that we need not trouble ourselves with. Football seems to need to constantly dick about with what is basically an extremely simple concept.

1 minute ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

All remaining 9 players from last season away Clicky

Gutted about McKee. 

Can see him getting a gig somewhere like Partick Thistle and doing really well though. Would be nice to not have him in our league this season mind you.

Other than mckee, and maybe Brennan (there is definitely better out there) I'm not too fussed about those 9 going. Hutton although good last season isn't anything special and splits opinions with the fans. If he wants to go to EK then crack on.

Brennan moving on is particularly interesting. He might not have been Alan Martin, but he was a steady enough pair of hands and I thought Duffy would keep him but bring in a stronger keeper than Pettigrew alongside him. I wonder if he has someone lined up already.

Quite looking forward to Carswell playing with a different partner in midfield. Wouldn’t be against trying Langan and him for a bit unless we get a more established CM in.

Disappointed but not surprised with Hutton. He’s probably looking forward to picking up his wage and resting safely in the knowledge his manager will be telling the press how great he is, regardless how bad his performances get. If he stays fit he should walk that league though, considering how much he improved for us in League 1.

I see Scott Gallagher has signed for Arbroath. I wonder if Gaston is on his way out. Can imagine JD would be keen to talk to him if so.

7 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Wonder if Duffy will go with youth or experience. Loanees are usually young players.I expect to get in 7 or 8 players if the squad budget  stretches to that.

Given that we’ve lost our best creative player, our player of the year and our top goalscorer it would be good to get an update from Duffy to see what his plans are.