Sons' sorrow

Quite pleased with the business done today.

Fantastic to see Rico back for another year, Langan a decent enough squad player and hopefully Duffy can get the best out of Johnstone like when they were at Morton.

3 minutes ago, Sub-Keeper said:

Quite pleased with the business done today.

Fantastic to see Rico back for another year, Langan a decent enough squad player and hopefully Duffy can get the best out of Johnstone like when they were at Morton.

What are Carswell, McKee and Hutton doing resigning or off to pastures new

I know it’s typical of a team to slaughter their ex-players but he’s absolutely done. I’d be amazed if he’s not playing juniors next season.

Us Dumbarton fans tend to apply the Jimmy Lister rule to new signings.

19 minutes ago, microdave said:

Us Dumbarton fans tend to apply the Jimmy Lister rule to new signings.

See also Layne, Isaac.

Johnstone looked like a real player in his early days at Morton. The wheels have fallen off since then, but maybe Duffy will be the man to reignite his career. We weren't blessed with forwards last season, so I reckon he's a gamble worth taking.

1 hour ago, Sub-Keeper said:

hopefully Duffy can get the best out of Johnstone like when they were at Morton.

He's not the same player, sadly.

We played against him when he was at Morton, and then loaned him after his knee surgery, and it seemed like the injury took all his pace and power.

I hope he does well for you. He seemed like a decent guy who was desperate for something to go right after a tough few years of injuries/struggles. 

See also Layne, Isaac.
Johnstone looked like a real player in his early days at Morton. The wheels have fallen off since then, but maybe Duffy will be the man to reignite his career. We weren't blessed with forwards last season, so I reckon he's a gamble worth taking.
I was thinking about the Peterhead fan telling us a year ago that Ryan McGeever was hopeless because he scored an og whilst playing for the Blue Toon when he was a teenager.

Delighted with Rico, I really am. I like Langan and felt he was a bit unfairly treated last year and struggled to get going again after some decent form, hopefully gets more of a chance this year. Johnstone could be another Rory Loy but we'll see.

Denny Johnstone is absolutely done. I heard he was giving up football to join the police, we eventually punted him out on loan to Stranraer where I don't even think he scored a goal. I think injuries have took their toll on him. 

On 21/07/2020 at 23:38, Scottydog said:

I see Regan Tummilty is a free agent, what was he like for your lot?

Where did you see this? We've not had any mention of him leaving Morton.

As for Johnstone, hope he gets his career back on track but fear it's too late.