Sons' sorrow

Blast from the past found on Twitter. 
IMG_20200707_201126.thumb.jpg.ecfded2d620a2f057f5e98012ec6dd88.jpg
A few gems amongst that squad. Not least Charlie Gibson and Stuart MacIver who both broke the twenty goal barrier that season. What we'd give for one striker who could score that amount now, let alone two.

1 hour ago, microdave said:
2 hours ago, PWL said:
Blast from the past found on Twitter. 
IMG_20200707_201126.thumb.jpg.ecfded2d620a2f057f5e98012ec6dd88.jpg

A few gems amongst that squad. Not least Charlie Gibson and Stuart MacIver who both broke the twenty goal barrier that season. What we'd give for one striker who could score that amount now, let alone two.

Colin Spence....the man who just, er, vanished.  Peter Wharton. once announced at Hampden as T.Rialist.  The engmatic Paul Quinn.  Pat Cairney, once seen, never forgotten.  Possibly the most extreme Sons squad I ever saw, ranging from 24-carat diamonds to utter dross.

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

'Jim Meechan' doesn't look like the Jim Meechan I remember.

I was wondering the same.  However, at the back of my mind there might have been another, earlier Mk1 Jim Meechan? Or am I talking nonsense?

As an aside, even the mighty Spall made gold shirts rather than yellow. Nice simple red away kit too. 

I was wondering the same.  However, at the back of my mind there might have been another, earlier Mk1 Jim Meechan? Or am I talking nonsense?
As an aside, even the mighty Spall made gold shirts rather than yellow. Nice simple red away kit too. 
That Jim Meechan was a (very mediocre) left back, different guy entirely.

7 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
7 hours ago, PWL said:

That Jim Meechan was a (very mediocre) left back, different guy entirely.

So Peter Wharton kept him out of the team! 

So Peter Wharton kept him out of the team! 
I don't think their times at Boghead overlapped greatly (see what I did there ?) but Wharton was definitely the better player, and a right hard b*****d when required. Wee Joe Miller departing Parkhead early in a cup-tie was a glorious example of his discreet thuggery.

Hi all... as you'll see, we've just launched the #SonsSeasonTicketPledge, with 100 days to go before the planned League One re-start. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4472

Until now, following questions from fans and our announcement back in May, we'd been holding STs for all existing holders and a few others who'd said they'd buy one when the restart happens. Now we're asking for what is in effect a £10 deposit. That will help the Club with the costs of preparation for 17th October. It's non-refundable, but will be dedicated from the cost of the ticket when the campaign starts. 

We obviously can't announce prices yet, but the hope and aim is to keep them in the same price bracket as before.

Note that we can only release 300 tickets to start with, because we have to assume at this stage that if we are playing in front of fans (as we desperately want to), social distancing and health precautions will be required. 

The Sons Season Ticket Pledge is in response to all those (huge thank you!) who've said they'd like to help out. But, as before, we don't think it's right to take the full whack off people who are probably struggling with their own bills until everything is tied-up re. the new season.

Cheers everyone!

Edited by TheFarPost

1 hour ago, TheFarPost said:

Hi all... as you'll see, we've just launched the #SonsSeasonTicketPledge, with 100 days to go before the planned League One re-start. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4472

Until now, following questions from fans and our announcement back in May, we'd been holding STs for all existing holders and a few others who'd said they'd buy one when the restart happens. Now we're asking for what is in effect a £10 deposit. That will help the Club with the costs of preparation for 17th October. It's non-refundable, but will be dedicated from the cost of the ticket when the campaign starts. 

We obviously can't announce prices yet, but the hope and aim is to keep them in the same price bracket as before.

Note that we can only release 300 tickets to start with, because we have to assume at this stage that if we are playing in front of fans (as we desperately want to), social distancing and health precautions will be required. 

The Sons Season Ticket Pledge is in response to all those (huge thank you!) who've said they'd like to help out. But, as before, we don't think it's right to take the full whack off people who are probably struggling with their own bills until everything is tied-up re. the new season.

Cheers everyone!

Should we get email confirmation? I’ve pledged my tenner but not got any email.  Tenner has came out account. Thanks

16 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Should we get email confirmation? I’ve pledged my tenner but not got any email.  Tenner has came out account. Thanks

Got my email confirmation on seconds. Might be worth a check if spam folder. 

15 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

If you used the link, a confirmation should be automatic. Worth checking your spam file!  Any problem, drop a note to office@dumbartonfc.co.uk 

(The response I got, instantly, looks like this.) 

ST response.png

1 hour ago, TheFarPost said:

If you used the link, a confirmation should be automatic. Worth checking your spam file!  Any problem, drop a note to office@dumbartonfc.co.uk 

(The response I got, instantly, looks like this.) 

ST response.png

Did the order numbers start at 001? If they did then I was #202 when I paid for mine at 10 to 1 which is a fantastic effort.

I like the idea. It makes a lot of sense given the unpredictability and gives the fans another target to try and smash. Hopefully we can build on the 300 total and get a really strong number of season tickets sold this year.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm having trouble with it. Won't accept any of the delivery addresses I'm putting in.

I had same issue. Ended up using phone rather than laptop and it seemed to work OK.