Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The auction looked promising, but we're now hawking Old Firm memorabilia.

Tinpot outfit.

f**k it - if some clown out there wants to give us a load of cash for that toss then fair enough. Hopefully it’s a one time only. 

The auction looked promising, but we're now hawking Old Firm memorabilia.
Tinpot outfit.
Not for me but that could be quite lucrative for the club. I'll be mentioning that to a few folk at work tomorrow.
Ray Montgomerie's shirt from 87/88 [emoji7]

A great memento from a season that ended with relegation to the bottom tier before he jumped ship to Killie only to get relegated for a second successive season[emoji23]

31 minutes ago, microdave said:

Not for me but that could be quite lucrative for the club. I'll be mentioning that to a few folk at work tomorrow. A great memento from a season that ended with relegation to the bottom tier before he jumped ship to Killie only to get relegated for a second successive seasonemoji23.png

A member of the Sons hall of fame.

Think he went on to win the Scottish Cup with Killie.

Hopefully it'll still have some tache hairs on it.

Edited by Silverton End

He captained Killie to their cup win. My tongue was firmly in my cheek with my comments about him, hence the emoji.

1 hour ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

He captained Killie to their cup win. My tongue was firmly in my cheek with my comments about him, hence the emoji.

Absolutely 👍

Probably the only item I'd bid on, don't fancy a day wi Murdo

😀

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I see that Brennan, Wardrop and Tierney are all on the SPFA list.

The club haven't yet decided who to keep on and who to let go. Or at least Jim might've decided but the players haven't been told yet.

Messaged Conor this morning when I clocked that and he said he's on there because he's out of contract, not because he's been released - if that makes sense?

Hoping that, whenever football returns, we'll throw something Sam Wardrop's way. He needs a solid pre-season and then a year of games under his belt imo, and we'd be the ideal place for that. 

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The club haven't yet decided who to keep on and who to let go. Or at least Jim might've decided but the players haven't been told yet.

Messaged Conor this morning when I clocked that and he said he's on there because he's out of contract, not because he's been released - if that makes sense?

Hoping that, whenever football returns, we'll throw something Sam Wardrop's way. He needs a solid pre-season and then a year of games under his belt imo, and we'd be the ideal place for that. 

Surely our entire squad, except Ross Forbes, should be on there then?

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Surely our entire squad, except Ross Forbes, should be on there then?

Players email to ask to go on there. Brennan and Tierney are (at the moment) the only two who have done that.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Opinions on Scott Gallacher?He’s supposedly headed our way and looks like his most regular run of games came at Dumbarton. Would I be right in saying he played against us in the play-offs 17/18?

You would be right in saying that.

He came in and was pretty dreadful to begin with, he played like a guy with absolutely no confidence whatsoever after a disastrous time at St Mirren - but really came onto a game towards the end of the season. He was excellent in the cup final and I was sad to see him move on. I'm not sure every Sons fan would've felt the same as me though...although given Grant Adam came next then we were all pining for him back pretty early in 2018/19.

He can look clumsy and awkward, and he's the type of keeper who always looks like he has a mistake in him, if that makes sense? Confidence is huge for him. If he makes a mistake then he'll look shaky for a good wee while after that, but when he's playing well he's capable of pulling off some smashing stops - even if he does like a bit awkward and unconvincing doing it. He's like a goalkeeper version of Calum Gallagher - can be very effective, but not especially pretty and a bit unorthodox.

I'd imagine he'll be back up for you guys (assuming Gaston is staying?) and I'd imagine he'll be solid enough at that. 

8 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Opinions on Scott Gallacher?He’s supposedly headed our way and looks like his most regular run of games came at Dumbarton. Would I be right in saying he played against us in the play-offs 17/18?

Gave me the fear any time the ball went near him not gonna lie, he is better than Grant Adam though as Jan Vojacek has stated