Sons' sorrow

I'd hope that no season ticket holder would accept a refund. A few may well ask for one. Personal circumstances will influence that but for me the money was paid last summer and is long gone. It's spent. I'm not budgeting for having it and I wouldn't consider asking for a refund. 

Said person reckons the club should at least offer though, although I agree, that I’d hope fans wouldn’t accept

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

Said person reckons the club should at least offer though, although I agree, that I’d hope fans wouldn’t accept

Said person appears to be living in a fantasy land tbqhwy. We quite literally have the begging bowl out and have managed to raise a fantastic £25k. I’m sure if they wanted to they could contact the club and request some form of compensation but unless you are personally struggling financially then that would be a total arsehole move IMO, and even at that I’d like to think that would be way down the list in cash making moves. 

Have any club in Scotland openly offered partial refunds for season ticket holders? I know through work colleagues that Rangers or Celtic most definitely haven’t. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Said person appears to be living in a fantasy land tbqhwy. We quite literally have the begging bowl out and have managed to raise a fantastic £25k. I’m sure if they wanted to they could contact the club and request some form of compensation but unless you are personally struggling financially then that would be a total arsehole move IMO, and even at that I’d like to think that would be way down the list in cash making moves. 

Have any club in Scotland openly offered partial refunds for season ticket holders? I know through work colleagues that Rangers or Celtic most definitely haven’t. 

Iv not heard of any scottish clubs offering refunds but I did see a couple english ones come out and offer it. Hamilton aren't offering any season tickets for next season, everything will be walk up and pay. They dont seem very optimistic about getting fans in any time soon. I would doubt us, and many others, will offer season tickets until there is a better idea of what might happen.

10 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm sure Motherwell and St Mirren have, and have a feeling another is but cant remember which one.

1 hour ago, sons of the rock said:

For some read barely any. Less than 5% in fact.

A similar take up at the Rock would see no more than 15 fans apply for a refund. If anyone really is desperate for a refund, perhaps we might offer them a discount on a future ST in the first instance. 

Anyone who's paid full price for a season ticket would be entitled to a refund of £55.55 for the 4 remaining games. I sincerely hope no Sons fan is desperate for that sort of cash right now.

Totally agree, said season ticket holder was just wondering if the club would offer, not that he would have accepted it

6 hours ago, optimistic said:

Totally agree, said season ticket holder was just wondering if the club would offer, not that he would have accepted it

Why even ask if the thought hadn't crossed their mind? 

Unless it's an absolute desperate financial need then I don't think the uptake would be much? 

I’m sure the club would absolutely offer a refund if a) the inability to fulfil their obligations in terms of games played was the clubs fault b) they had the financial means to do so without jeopardising the very future of the club.

Given the circumstances, and the relatively low value to individuals, it’s entirely reasonable for the club not to offer a refund.

Maybe they’ll be able to do something when revenue picks up again and we’re back to something resembling normal. Until then I’d hope every fan would understand the situation and support the club every way they can.

22 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Iv not heard of any scottish clubs offering refunds but I did see a couple english ones come out and offer it. Hamilton aren't offering any season tickets for next season, everything will be walk up and pay. They dont seem very optimistic about getting fans in any time soon. I would doubt us, and many others, will offer season tickets until there is a better idea of what might happen.

We (east fife) offered refunds and there was no uptake on the offer.

Great to see

I see the usual, innocuous On this Day tweet from the club highlighting the first league win has turned into a full blown Old Firm bunfest. Who'd have thunk it? 🙄

On 19/05/2020 at 14:02, George Parr said:

I'd rather the SPFL/SFA tightened up their fit and proper test to include full transparency rather than block all offshore investment.

Offshore holdings are (by their very intent, nature and purpose) not transparent. But you're right that transparency is the main issue. 

31 minutes ago, PWL said:

I see the usual, innocuous On this Day tweet from the club highlighting the first league win has turned into a full blown Old Firm bunfest. Who'd have thunk it? 🙄

Great news for our Twitter analytics mind you. Jan jr is most pleased.

On season ticket refunds. We have not, to my knowledge, received any requests. If someone was in real hardship, it would  obviously be important to acknowledge and respond to that. Thanks for the various comments on this. The Club wants to be fair, but as has been observed we also need to keep afloat. Everything that can be done to thank fans for their incredible backing (the brilliant Crowdfunder result and much else) will be done moving forward.