Sons' sorrow

Happy Forthbank Day, everybody.
I thought we'd blown it tbh but that's probably what made it special. I bumped into Martin Mooney after a game a few months ago and he told me that Murdo overheard Drinkell saying on the way down the tunnel at ht that it was in the bag. Murdo told the players and it just made them even more determined to get the win. One of the best days supporting our club imo.

1 hour ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:
Happy Forthbank Day, everybody.

I thought we'd blown it tbh but that's probably what made it special. I bumped into Martin Mooney after a game a few months ago and he told me that Murdo overheard Drinkell saying on the way down the tunnel at ht that it was in the bag. Murdo told the players and it just made them even more determined to get the win. One of the best days supporting our club imo.

Agreed.

Especially after the feeling of complete devastation at Cappielow the week before.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

One guy is having a serious meltdown over the new kit I see. 

I just blocked him. He could have condensed his rage down to one post but that's making my eyes bleed. 

**YOUR VIEWS ON RECONSTRUCTION** 

I'm sorry that some of you missed the announcement about this. The announcement was on the club website and twitter at the beginning of the month: https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4382

I've responded (or am responding) personally to all who write in. 

I did an update yesterday (https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4391) - and I've just edited that to make it clear (as I should have originally) that the consultation is still open. 

The club board will be discussing this and taking all views into consideration. When there's a deadline, I'll make sure that's broadcast on the club site and social media. 

You can let us know what you think on reconstruction by emailing media@dumbartonfc.co.uk with RECONSTRUCTION as the header. As time for processing is a factor, we would ask respondents to limit their comments to 300 words. 

Hope everyone's doing OK... I'll try and pop in here more often. 

Cheers, Simon

Edited by TheFarPost

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see there’s a statement of sorts on the OS claiming we consulted supporters with regard league reconstruction. I certainly didn’t notice any sort of communication asking for our views on the issue. 

I was gonna say you can email the club but Simon beat me to it.

18 hours ago, Sons FC said:

Fantastic piece on the Young Sons on the BBC website - makes you proud (unless you are an old foggie or don't like drums).

The future of the club

Exactly. Went to the Raith game, magic last minute goal, and they went bonkers. Banged their drum throughout and sang their songs. The way it should be.

I enjoyed watching that wee prog about the young sons! Doesn't matter what stadium I go to it's always braw to see the young ones sporting their local teams colours instead o jumping on the old firm bandwagon! That's the future of our clubs right their and good luck to them [emoji106]

I think this is a good point - most fans are probably expecting the back of that top to be the inverse of the front but it's going to be all white at the back, which makes the front design a bit stupid.
Our 150th anniversary effort better be absolutely glorious tbh, we've had a few years of dire efforts now after a fairly good period of strips.
It's all black.

Screenshot_20200514-124605_Drive.jpeg