Sons' sorrow

The contention that interns/work-experience kids doing some voluntary work is likely to negatively impact their future remuneration prospects might be one of the wackiest things I've read on P&B. Notwithstanding that I don't think closed-door is a feasible way forward - it'll be all or nothing for us. 

One scenario that could turn up is we start the season behind close doors and then from January start with a 30 percent capacity .Players would need to be on amateur contracts until January .Basically it would be a case of re-writing the rule book but there may be no other way.

A St Johnstone fan claimed in the Premiership forum we had to pay a six figure fee to get the correct wiring/hardware to put up a stable stream capable of supporting 100+ viewers at the same time. Live streaming is a completely different situation to recording the match then putting out highlights, and if you need 200+ viewers simultaneously, you'll need to pay for the premium service.
It's not just a case of hooking a camera up to a laptop.
You lot seem to be ignoring the fact you would have to pay for Covid tests for your squad/staff before games, and then the rather immoral process of taking first aiders/ambulances for a game of football in the current situation.
I can't see closed door games happening in this country.
The money required will depend on what's there to begin with.

The number of subscribers is a bit of a red herring in terms of equipment and "stream".

Once you have the equipment to take a video feed and send it to the web, and an internet connection capable of handling it, that isn't affected by the number of subscribers, unless you're hosting the feed yourselves at the ground, which would be pretty stupid.

You would need a streaming service, which is going to cost and, depending on the provider, could be more expensive the more subscribers you have.

Even the earlier talk of running games with spectators but only 1/3 capacity, or 600 fans, would be very difficult, if the current 2m distancing is still in force, because of having to work in 3D.

If spectator1 is sat in A1, then the next person along would need to be in A5 (maybe A4 at best, but I don't think that's 2m).  For row B, you can't use B1 or B2, you could maybe argue for B3, then B8, etc.  Would C1 be 2m away from A1?  All of this wouldn't get us to a 1/3 capacity as there are too many empty seats.  Even 600 (~30% capacity) would be a logistical challenge.

And ok, some fans from the same household (or the proposed 'bubble') will go to the game and would be technically allowed to sit together, but they would still need a 2m zone around their wee group in all directions, which again would void a hell of a lot of seats.

And sometimes I wonder why I struggle to sleep at night.  At least you guys have an insomnia cure now.

5 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

East Fife's option 3 😍

20200505_091719.jpg.b44a484c182d9f22b66d226ec6d5daba.jpg

That would've done nicely. Very classy.

Anyway, away from the strip side of things, I got unfurloughed last week and spoke to Rico Quitongo about his first season at the Rock. Found out plenty I didn't know - including why the Dundee United game was the first 90 minutes he had played in 72 weeks.

If you're out and about on your Boris mandated exercise today then plz pick it up and have a look. Plenty of DFC stuff this week.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The money required will depend on what's there to begin with.

The number of subscribers is a bit of a red herring in terms of equipment and "stream".

Once you have the equipment to take a video feed and send it to the web, and an internet connection capable of handling it, that isn't affected by the number of subscribers, unless you're hosting the feed yourselves at the ground, which would be pretty stupid.

You would need a streaming service, which is going to cost and, depending on the provider, could be more expensive the more subscribers you have.

Everything I was saying there was second hand info, taken from a similar discussion on the Premiership forum, so you'll have a far better understanding of it than me.

11 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I don’t mind us getting an off the shelf kit given the financial position but they are all gold so why are ours yellow?

The East Fife options are 'bespoke' designs from Joma.

In other words, cost a bit more to produce.

Ours are just from this year's generic teamwear catalogue, which sadly does not contain any colour resembling gold.

42 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Can we buy that if their fans vote for 1, 2 or 4?

Maybe we could have an organised guerrilla voting campaign to ensure that #3 doesn't win?

East Fife have chosen option 4, the tartan effect.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Sorry dude, can''t walk Larbert - G82 and back in my hour, soz.

Just laziness imo.

Buy a Stirling Observer instead. There's nothing DFC related in it, but I sometimes write about motorbikes for them...So that's at least one way to get your fix of my high quality, cutting edge journalism.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

One scenario that could turn up is we start the season behind close doors and then from January start with a 30 percent capacity .Players would need to be on amateur contracts until January .Basically it would be a case of re-writing the rule book but there may be no other way.

Can't see the amateur thing happening. Say for talk sake Layne bangs in 20 goals before December on an amateur contract, Dundee come in and sweep him away for free. It's left for us to replace that striker. 

38 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Can't see the amateur thing happening. Say for talk sake Layne bangs in 20 goals before December on an amateur contract, Dundee come in and sweep him away for free. It's left for us to replace that striker. 

That would require social distancing amongst the clubs😄.Obviously certain rules would have to be put in place like no transfers /signings until January and then a professional contract kicks in once Crowds are allowed back into the stadiums..Its all very messy but simply im just looking at possibilities other than the alternative which would mean no football/no clubs for the forseeable future.You have to wonder if clubs could survive at all as was mentioned ..a deep freeze.

I doubt it as there are always maintenace costs etc as well as rates insurance etc etc

Even the earlier talk of running games with spectators but only 1/3 capacity, or 600 fans, would be very difficult, if the current 2m distancing is still in force, because of having to work in 3D.
If spectator1 is sat in A1, then the next person along would need to be in A5 (maybe A4 at best, but I don't think that's 2m).  For row B, you can't use B1 or B2, you could maybe argue for B3, then B8, etc.  Would C1 be 2m away from A1?  All of this wouldn't get us to a 1/3 capacity as there are too many empty seats.  Even 600 (~30% capacity) would be a logistical challenge.
And ok, some fans from the same household (or the proposed 'bubble') will go to the game and would be technically allowed to sit together, but they would still need a 2m zone around their wee group in all directions, which again would void a hell of a lot of seats.

And sometimes I wonder why I struggle to sleep at night.  At least you guys have an insomnia cure now.
How about six blocs of fans are allocated 10 minutes each of watching, with 5-minute changeovers allowing supporters to purchase face masks in the DFC colours ? Fans could queue down the Castle Road like the current supermarket practice until a pleasant steward ushered them forward.

Ten minutes of Stef McCluskey would be more than enough for me.

The East Fife options are 'bespoke' designs from Joma.
In other words, cost a bit more to produce.
Ours are just from this year's generic teamwear catalogue, which sadly does not contain any colour resembling gold.
Last years shirts were the same price for the bespoke home kit as the catalog away kit in the club shop. The home is £5 more next seasor. The home is sublimation printed onto white fabric, with the joma logo and team badge as part of the printing, the away has an embroidered badge, then they just print the sponsor on. I'd rather have an embroidered badge, but I guess it keeps the cost down if the badge is done with the shirt design. We'll probably keep the shirt for 2 years, so they save on the design setup cost.

14 hours ago, super-son said:

What is realistic, is finding a kit that everyone doesn't think is boring and thoughtless.

Are you really suggesting that I couldn't find a nicer kit than any of the Joma options within the Adidas, Nike, Hummel etc. catalogues?

16 hours ago, GoTeamGaz said:

I’m not suggesting it, I’m requesting you actually do it ☺️ For every “well that mitre one is okay” you’ll get “that’s an embarrassment”

6 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Your a glass half empty kinda guy eh.

Bloody hell what a load of shite emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

The first guy that did EFTV is now working as a freelance videographer.

I did it for two and a half years. Those questions I have suggested were real life questions put to me in actual job interviews by marketing managers. Just trying to say it’s not as simple as “get some student to do it”.