Sons' sorrow

48 minutes ago, super-son said:

You might have some more knowledge on this subject than myself, but the way people are talking we don't sell enough kits so I wouldn't have thought the club make a notable amount of money from kit sales. For that reason I wouldn't have thought the profit margin would matter much?

It would be nice if we had a decent kit that was actually worth buying though rather than these boring off the shelf efforts.

Its for that reason we need to try and maximise the profit! If loads of people wanted one we could lower the price.

Seeing a lot of folk say that option 4 is a "throwback" to that diadora top in the 90s, I can't be the only one who doesn't see a likeness there other than it being yellow and black in similar places? The actual design looks like it was drawn up by an obsessed Tron fan.

This vote will be followed by a vote for a white kit, then a vote to determine which is the home kit. There’s a very good statement up online responding to the grumbles from myself (and others) and hinting that we might get something special for the 150th anniversary kit...which I’m already excited about. Fair play to the club for that. I won’t grumble any more...or at least until I don’t like the anniversary kit...

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4374

If we can get a bespoke home kit from Joma, I don't see why you can't. We've had them for 4 years and next season is bespoke as well. Our away kits have always been out of the catalog, so I'd reckon that this yellow one is the away kit and you'll get a "proper" white bespoke one as a home kit.

Edit - Just read that statement, well that sucks.

On 25/04/2020 at 10:59, GoTeamGaz said:

It’s easy to say you want white, it’s much harder to come up with a solution that works!

Which one of the white Joma kits do you want? Anything bespoke comes with a minimum order that’s way above what we sell. We’re also staring down the barrel of a situation where next season might be 18 games, if it happens, if we make it through. We’ll be in a deep, deep recession and anywhere up to a third of us will become long term unemployed. Any risk in creating something bespoke, ordering hundreds in one go in the hope it sells isn’t realistic or sensible.

CF091D93-3BBB-4571-8E07-4F92FBD420BC.jpeg

So looks like some of the above will be our options. That one with the collar would have the potential to be a belter but I’ve not idea what parts of it they allow you to add some colour to. Even something like gold sleeves on that would look decent. 

Gaz, do you have any idea what parts of those white kits can be designed with colour? I’m assuming they aren’t just punting a bunch of plain white strips with no scope for adding colour to certain parts? 

I don't think there are many customisation options at all for the Joma Kits.

Looking at their website it's a wonder they get any sales at all. They only have the most basic of basic templates and about 3 colours to choose from. Website is shockingly bad for a company that size as well.

There a good one. We seem pleased over 800 people decide on what strip we wear.

this season less than 500 on average turn up to see us actually play in our strip.

personally I’d rather it was at least the other way around 

6 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

There a good one. We seem pleased over 800 people decide on what strip we wear.

this season less than 500 on average turn up to see us actually play in our strip.

personally I’d rather it was at least the other way around 

You could vote as many times as you want so some may have voted twice, and you've also got the supporters of other teams who more than likely vote for the worst one on offer just for laughs. You also have a good number of Sons fans living overseas who can't attend games but will buy a shirt, so they're due a vote.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You could vote as many times as you want so some may have voted twice, and you've also got the supporters of other teams who more than likely vote for the worst one on offer just for laughs. You also have a good number of Sons fans living overseas who can't attend games but will buy a shirt, so they're due a vote.

You’re such a nice and reasonable person . He he he he he . I’d make it a closed vote 😀😀😀

I had a quick look at the 2020 Joma catalogue (available as a PDF download on the Pitch Teamwear website) and I can’t see a single white kit that has our colours available as an option. I’ve no idea if there is scope to customise the colours but it certainly doesn’t seem that way from the catalogue.

In the whole catalogue I only spotted one kit I’d actually like as a Sons kit. Joma’s off the shelf efforts have to be some of the worst on the market. 

I had a quick look at the 2020 Joma catalogue (available as a PDF download on the Pitch Teamwear website) and I can’t see a single white kit that has our colours available as an option. I’ve no idea if there is scope to customise the colours but it certainly doesn’t seem that way from the catalogue.
In the whole catalogue I only spotted one kit I’d actually like as a Sons kit. Joma’s off the shelf efforts have to be some of the worst on the market. 
I have done the same and totally agree.

99% of their off the shelf designs look like they have been made by the least imaginative employee they could find.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

They took an email address so I assume they will be going through taking out duplicate votes that way?

45 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

They took an email address so I assume they will be going through taking out duplicate votes that way?

Most folk have more than 1 email address, if they don't it takes about a minute to make one. Plus, I know we've got time on our hands right now but would you want to sit and check 800 odd votes for duplicates? :lol: