Sons' sorrow

Sure, we could have Nike, Hummel, Adidas, errea, puma, Umbro, mitre, take your pick, we’d still be getting a choice of yellow & black.

I searched EVERYWHERE & I could only find one amber jersey in the whole of the teamwear world (Macron & it was Edinburgh City’s away top this season).

We sell hardly any replica kits, if there were hundreds of people (or even one hundred) and it generated money (like Airdrie) then why wouldn’t the club be doing it? 

it’s not even the expense per jersey of making them, it’s that you have to make them all in one go, you need to get that number exactly right or you’re left holding them, selling them off at cost or running out. Badging up off the shelf stuff takes all that risk away at a time when every penny needs to be absolutely scrutinised. I’m not the worlds biggest fan of yellow either (though I am a fan of gold & black over white!) but in my mind there’s absolutely no question that our club can’t afford to take the risk on it just now.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Duffy just claimed on Sportsound that the club have no players contracted beyond June 9th.

Anyone told Ross Forbes?

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Duffy was on as Sportsound claimed we have 'a very important board meeting ' happening this weekend. 

His presence didn't clarify anything.

Handy that my furlough ends on Tuesday 👀

Motherwell's away kit this season (Macron) but with a slight tweak to the colours would be a 10/10 Sons home kit.
I'm aware this helps nothing. I just really liked it.
I'll admit to thinking we were Motherwell a few times when we played them in the league cup.

31 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Sure, we could have Nike, Hummel, Adidas, errea, puma, Umbro, mitre, take your pick, we’d still be getting a choice of yellow & black.

I searched EVERYWHERE & I could only find one amber jersey in the whole of the teamwear world (Macron & it was Edinburgh City’s away top this season).

We sell hardly any replica kits, if there were hundreds of people (or even one hundred) and it generated money (like Airdrie) then why wouldn’t the club be doing it? 

it’s not even the expense per jersey of making them, it’s that you have to make them all in one go, you need to get that number exactly right or you’re left holding them, selling them off at cost or running out. Badging up off the shelf stuff takes all that risk away at a time when every penny needs to be absolutely scrutinised. I’m not the worlds biggest fan of yellow either (though I am a fan of gold & black over white!) but in my mind there’s absolutely no question that our club can’t afford to take the risk on it just now.

If it's black & gold you like, German kit manufacturer JAKO, who've done strips for Bayer Leverkusen among others. €4,99 😀

20200425_154243.jpg.dfe89b113c46b5cd26d87ba789f4e876.jpg

I spent 1 minute looking for somewhere that does custom kits and another 5 minutes making this. They produce the kits with everything included for less then £30 inc VAT.

Why can't we do something similar to this?

New Kit.png

I spent 1 minute looking for somewhere that does custom kits and another 5 minutes making this. They produce the kits with everything included for less then £30 inc VAT.

72273567_NewKit.png.06b330b4972aa7a917620648f4e76adf.png
That's really smart...way better than the 4 options we've been given

19 minutes ago, super-son said:

New Kit.png

Surely given we’ve changed supplier we could’ve moved away from Joma to a smaller brand like Tag or even to an own brand like Morton have done, and us in the past and gotten a bespoke kit for a cheaper price. I looked at Tag too before seeing this and made this one up

86851012-D7B3-4CA6-88AC-98B2E0E06D74.jpeg

Just now, Lokomotiv Dumbarton said:

Surely given we’ve changed supplier we could’ve moved away from Joma to a smaller brand like Tag or even to an own brand like Morton have done, and us in the past and gotten a bespoke kit for a cheaper price. I looked at Tag too before seeing this and made this one up

86851012-D7B3-4CA6-88AC-98B2E0E06D74.jpeg

Boak 

38 minutes ago, super-son said:

New Kit.png

That is an absolute cracker.

1 hour ago, super-son said:

New Kit.png

That’s a cracker. 

The 4 strip options are pretty poor, but suppose that's what happens when we go for an off the shelf number. For what it's worth I voted for number 4. 

I totally understand why the club are going for off the shelf options, we just cannot afford to get a bespoke kit. For those suggesting  we go for a different manufacturer, I assume other options were looked at and pitch teamwear/Joma were giving us the best deal. I have used pitch teamwear in the past for various bits of kits and equipment and they have always been top class so I have no issue with them being used. Unfortunately the term beggars cannot be choosers comes to mind. We should be grateful if we have a team to support following the coronavirus situation, I reckon not everyone will be so lucky.

3 hours ago, super-son said:

New Kit.png

The club can't buy in shirts for 30 quid a pop, they'd need to sell them for 50 or more. I still think there's a middle ground, I don't buy that we can't have a nice bespoke kit that is reasonably affordable. If we don't sell many kits then it's important to keep the folk who do buy them happy. I'm waiting to see what the other kit options are though before throwing any criticism about.

The club can't buy in shirts for 30 quid a pop, they'd need to sell them for 50 or more. I still think there's a middle ground, I don't buy that we can't have a nice bespoke kit that is reasonably affordable. If we don't sell many kits then it's important to keep the folk who do buy them happy. I'm waiting to see what the other kit options are though before throwing any criticism about.
You might have some more knowledge on this subject than myself, but the way people are talking we don't sell enough kits so I wouldn't have thought the club make a notable amount of money from kit sales. For that reason I wouldn't have thought the profit margin would matter much?

It would be nice if we had a decent kit that was actually worth buying though rather than these boring off the shelf efforts.