Sons' sorrow

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

...especially when it resembles an East Fife kit.

Sacrilege! East Fife changed to gold & black stripes to look like us!

anyway, here’s all the options from the latest Joma teamwear. When was the last time we kept a kit for two seasons?

D888F2D2-19D8-47C1-9481-D048EBF45304.jpeg

Sacrilege! East Fife changed to gold & black stripes to look like us!
anyway, here’s all the options from the latest Joma teamwear. When was the last time we kept a kit for two seasons?
D888F2D2-19D8-47C1-9481-D048EBF45304.thumb.jpeg.c04d503e27fa21b966d359680c544dfb.jpeg
We had this one from 2014-16. We've had a new one every season since then. JS83682660.jpeg

Strip vote: 

oops! Had no idea this was coming (Obviously) - sorry if I ruined anything with my incredible timing 😬

picked option 1, would have chosen something else from the 9 to be honest.

also just want to add, remember that picking kits is really hard & totally thankless! The economics just don’t work in our favour for getting bespoke stuff & there really isn’t anyone doing any off the shelf stuff in more suitable colours (trust me, I’ve looked!) so it’s not as simple as just saying it’s not the right colour! 

Is that for an away kit or a home kit? If that’s for the home kit I’m massively disappointed and feel like we’ve missed a trick not going back to the classic white design. 

All of them are shiters, particularly the striped one, which is worryingly getting a lot of love on Twitter. The first one is the best of a bad bunch. 

Is that for an away kit or a home kit? If that’s for the home kit I’m massively disappointed and feel like we’ve missed a trick not going back to the classic white design. 

All of them are shiters, particularly the striped one, which is worryingly getting a lot of love on Twitter. The first one is the best of a bad bunch. 

No mention of whether it's home or away. Maybe they're hedging to see what comes out on top. I agree that none of them are great but I've gone for option three. Less is more.

Eta The lack of Presto bag is disappointing imo.

25 minutes ago, optimistic said:

If no one votes......, maybe they’ll notice, we want white emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png

It’s easy to say you want white, it’s much harder to come up with a solution that works!

Which one of the white Joma kits do you want? Anything bespoke comes with a minimum order that’s way above what we sell. We’re also staring down the barrel of a situation where next season might be 18 games, if it happens, if we make it through. We’ll be in a deep, deep recession and anywhere up to a third of us will become long term unemployed. Any risk in creating something bespoke, ordering hundreds in one go in the hope it sells isn’t realistic or sensible.

CF091D93-3BBB-4571-8E07-4F92FBD420BC.jpeg

2 hours ago, GoTeamGaz said:

It’s easy to say you want white, it’s much harder to come up with a solution that works!

Which one of the white Joma kits do you want? Anything bespoke comes with a minimum order that’s way above what we sell. We’re also staring down the barrel of a situation where next season might be 18 games, if it happens, if we make it through. We’ll be in a deep, deep recession and anywhere up to a third of us will become long term unemployed. Any risk in creating something bespoke, ordering hundreds in one go in the hope it sells isn’t realistic or sensible.

CF091D93-3BBB-4571-8E07-4F92FBD420BC.jpeg

I’d happily pay a bit more for a bespoke design, as would many others I’m sure, if it meant having something we like. That would hopefully negate some of the minimum order stuff. I would be interested to know how many surplus kits we had with previous bespoke orders as I certainly didn’t see many of them available at the recent retro kit sale which would suggest most/all them sold. 

The white with gold and black band is a very unique kit up here and I’d like to see it become something that’s used every year (like Airdrie with the diamond). 

As it stands, if the home kit is likely to be one of those yellow off the shelf efforts I wont even consider forking out for it. 

49 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d happily pay a bit more for a bespoke design, as would many others I’m sure, if it meant having something we like. That would hopefully negate some of the minimum order stuff. I would be interested to know how many surplus kits we had with previous bespoke orders as I certainly didn’t see many of them available at the recent retro kit sale which would suggest most/all them sold. 

The white with gold and black band is a very unique kit up here and I’d like to see it become something that’s used every year (like Airdrie with the diamond). 

As it stands, if the home kit is likely to be one of those yellow off the shelf efforts I wont even consider forking out for it. 

Spot on.

We've got a unique home shirt & it gives Sons our identity.

The likes of Montrose had Nike, Hummel strips, Peterhead Adidas, Alloa have a supplier who can give them black & gold shirts.

Do these Clubs out-sell us in minimum replica shirt sales?

I wouldn't think so