Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Indeed. The 'historicalkits' site shows us wearing gold shirt with thin vertical black stripes & black shorts until about 1969.

Could have been an away outfit in 64/65, it's cool as f*** anyway.

It was the change strip, for a few seasons I think. In those days in Scotland it was the home side that changed if there was a colour clash.

Edited by rockson
emphasis

4 hours ago, rockson said:

It was the change strip, for a few seasons I think. In those days in Scotland it was the home side that changed if there was a colour clash.

Indeed. That strip only seen when East Fife, Alloa or Albion Rovers visited Boghead. Memories of Hugh Harra and Ronnie Curran: two of the hardest b***ards ever to don a Sons jersey. They threw away the mould when these two retired! 

Indeed. That strip only seen when East Fife, Alloa or Albion Rovers visited Boghead. Memories of Hugh Harra and Ronnie Curran: two of the hardest b***ards ever to don a Sons jersey. They threw away the mould when these two retired! 
On December 5th 1964 we drew 4-4 with Berwick in an astonishing game in which I'm sure we came from 0-4 down, culminating with a very late Chic Halliday penalty equaliser.

My memory might be playing tricks but I'm pretty certain we wore the white strip that day, one of its first outings.

22 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

On December 5th 1964 we drew 4-4 with Berwick in an astonishing game in which I'm sure we came from 0-4 down, culminating with a very late Chic Halliday penalty equaliser.

My memory might be playing tricks but I'm pretty certain we wore the white strip that day, one of its first outings.

You're correct OKIII! Had forgotten about poor old Berwick Rangers since their sad demise. I remember the 4v4 game well. 0v4 down midway through the second half, then a double from Drew Nelson, goal by Tommy Reynolds and last minute penalty from Chic Halliday rescued a point. A memorable match in an otherwise mediocre season.

34 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Dalglish didn't stand a chance with Jumbo and Cush defending.

Until he pumped it in the net, that is emoji1.png

Proper black and gold strip too. None of this yellow pish.

Just admiring that billiard-table playing surface;)

I noticed a FB post yesterday with a link to a youtube page with highlights of a few games from years ago. 

Hearts away in the Premier season 

And my favourite one from that page, away to East Stirlingshire in the Scottish cup in 1991. Two rounds before Huntly handed us our arse at Boghead!