Sons' sorrow

A good start but need to get the message across to as many people as possible, always on the proviso that everyone's ability to contribute will be dictated by their personal circumstances. In other words, if you can spare some cash then please do.

And maybe I've missed it, but I see no mention of how the majority shareholder intends to assist with this unprecedented situation.

I think we all know the answer to that question! The demise of the club would be rather convenient I’d suspect.

31 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

I think we all know the answer to that question! The demise of the club would be rather convenient I’d suspect.

I believe Ian Wilson is going to raffle 'that' Dumbarton FC supporters' scarf: rarely worn, one careful owner:)

Brabco as a company doesnt have a proverbial pot to piss in. The individual investors may have their own money - some more than others - but Brabco as an entity has very little and those who have invested in it have absolutely no desire to spend any more money.

This is going to be entirely down to the club board and the fans. It's our club and we'll be responsible for saving it.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

15 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And maybe I've missed it, but I see no mention of how the majority shareholder intends to assist with this unprecedented situation.

Wouldn't shock me if they had their eyes on some of that crowd funding cash tbh.

Administrators have to cut costs to ensure a business has the best chance of survival in the shirt term and then put forward a cva to creditors. If the creditors accept the cva, then I assume the business carries on with the same owners. If the cva is rejected, then the business will be liquidated with a liquidator selling any assets in order to pay the creditors what they are owed. That's my (possibly naive) understanding of how these things work. And I can't see how it would work in favour of Brabco unless they actually do have a horde of money to, for example, buy the land in order to sell it for housing.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong in my understanding of this.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I heard the Norwegian bid was more football focussed than property. I'd expect a few more Bjorn Skelbred's turning out for us if that went through. Which might not be a bad thing considering Skelbred was quite fucking good.

Yes it is also football based, however as I have said, the value of the football club is negligible.

The Norwegian bid is to buy Brabco not Dumbarton FC.

Brabco's value is even less than that of the club, except for one asset which is listed in their accounts at just under £2 million. However, this is a paper value only, unless the asset is realised at some stage.

Go figure.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf