Sons' sorrow

On the Falkirk thread there's some discussion about which of their ex players has/had gone furthest in European club competition. It crossed my mind that 3 of the Lisbon Lions played for us at various times, Willie Wallace, Bertie Auld and Stevie Chalmers. Charlie Gallagher had played in the Quarter Final and I think both he and John Cushley were in the party that travelled. You can add in Sean Fallon as well, who later managed us.

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Anyone else notice the Dumbarton pennant on the wall of Campbeltown Pupils amateur side's office during the View From The Terrace feature on Friday night? Anyone know how/why it got there?

I noticed it too. We are the nearest senior club to Campbeltown, so maybe something to do with that.

1 minute ago, Nowhereman said:

Anyone else notice the Dumbarton pennant on the wall of Campbeltown Pupils amateur side's office during the View From The Terrace feature on Friday night? Anyone know how/why it got there?

Saw it as well. We've got a group of season ticket holders that come from there and travel to most away games when they can, I'm assuming they've handed it into the club. Pretty sure we signed Donald McCallum from that team too, so it may well have come about then.

After a bit of a shaky start ( but didn't they all!?) I think Rico has really come on at left back  throughout the season. Front runner for young player of the season?
He'll almost certainly be getting my vote.

It would be nice if we could finish this season with a positive goal difference although it would be a challenge at this point.

We haven't managed this since we got promoted from the 3rd division in 08/09.

That's been quite some time and we even got promoted to the championship with a negative goal difference.

It would be nice if we could finish this season with a positive goal difference although it would be a challenge at this point.

We haven't managed this since we got promoted from the 3rd division in 08/09.

That's been quite some time and we even got promoted to the championship with a negative goal difference.
We had a gd of +1 in 2013/14.

Now that we're all but mathematically safe, it's time for our annual "Keep or Punt" discussion.  For me:

KEEP
Brennan (as number 2)
Wardrop (if DU are releasing him)
McGeever
Neill
Rico Quitongo
Hutton
Carswell
McKee
Forbes (already signed up)
PJ Crossan
Layne