Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
We've signed *drumroll*
Robert Jones from Stranraer. I thought he looked a handful against us in December, and he gives us another option up front, so welcome aboard Rab.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4285
Now announce Forbes to whip deliveries onto his massive head plz Sons.

Does this suggest that Quitongo will be used as a wide player? If Layne is back in 3 weeks or so, where does that leave him? Why have we retained Tierney? So many questions...

I spoke to Jai yesterday (in next week's Lennox) and he reckons Duffy will play him up top given he converted him to a striker at Morton.

Reckon Jones will be more of an impact type player - and an alternative to punting McGeever up top when we need a goal. Nice to have another option. Especially a big physical guy who will suit us when we go hoofball.

Not a chance we're paying a fee, it would be madness. I can only think Forbes isn't enjoying it at Forfar and they might be happy to let him walk to use his wage elsewhere. None of their fans seem that happy with him, perhaps Malcolm feels the same, and they don't need money right now.
Is there a possibility that Forbes might be a loan signing then?

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I spoke to Jai yesterday (in next week's Lennox) and he reckons Duffy will play him up top given he converted him to a striker at Morton.

Reckon Jones will be more of an impact type player - and an alternative to punting McGeever up top when we need a goal. Nice to have another option. Especially a big physical guy who will suit us when we go hoofball.

Exactly it I think.

He's our plan B.

Well, it looks as if the team which exits this season will be very different from the one that started it, and the one which followed that. But I'm now a good bit more confident that we can maintain our Div One status than I was last week.

On the Forbes thing, I dunno. This would be his third spell here, and whilst the brain and the left peg still have a full MOT, the bodywork is now showing it's age. And I'm trying to work out a midfield formation - Hutton in front of the back four and Langan, McKee and Forbes in that order, with two up top from Jai, Layne, PJ and Jones ?

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well, it looks as if the team which exits this season will be very different from the one that started it, and the one which followed that. But I'm now a good bit more confident that we can maintain our Div One status than I was last week.

On the Forbes thing, I dunno. This would be his third spell here, and whilst the brain and the left peg still have a full MOT, the bodywork is now showing it's age. And I'm trying to work out a midfield formation - Hutton in front of the back four and Langan, McKee and Forbes in that order, with two up top from Jai, Layne, PJ and Jones ?

I am sorry for Jones to leave us has potential. 

23 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

To be fair to him, it's not as if he's ever had much in the way of pace to lose.

To be fair to him, it's not as if he's ever had much in the way of pace to lose.

Pace isn’t the only aspect though. If he is to return, hopefully he looks in better shape as well and shows more desire.

Im in favour of him returning. I don’t think he’s necessarily what we need but someone who poses a significant threat to the opposition, particularly from set pieces, then we’re not in a position to not go for it if the opportunity presents itself.

If Forbes is announced i hope we can get a defender in on loan too.That would mean 6 in and 5 out so far..I reckon Tierney , Zata and Crawford will be loaned out too to try to balance things a bit wage wise.But if we get those other 2 bodies in i reckon we have a real chance of 4th place although i am expecting a bedding in period.Not often i would say this but i am looking forward to Methil now.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

If Forbes is announced i hope we can get a defender in on loan too.That would mean 6 in and 5 out so far..I reckon Tierney , Zata and Crawford will be loaned out too to try to balance things a bit wage wise.But if we get those other 2 bodies in i reckon we have a real chance of 4th place although i am expecting a bedding in period.Not often i would say this but i am looking forward to Methil now.

Keeping Tierney looks a bit strange now, you can't see him starting ahead of Jones, Layne or Jai. But I do wonder if Duffy is thinking about going back to the 4-4-2 we used last year, with any two from those four playing together up front. It would allow Forbes to play right midfield, but it does mean dropping one of Carswell, Hutton and McKee. As I've said before though, options to change things like that could be huge for us.

We really do need some defensive cover though, can't help but think releasing McMillan was daft.