Sons' sorrow

Intrigued to see how Jai gets on, as Scott said his turn of pace is frightening, and not many defences will be able to cope with his pace and power. His finishing is nowhere near the finished article but time will tell. 

Forbes is a tremendous player for league one, his left foot is one of the best in Scotland. Just don’t put him in the middle of the park, Duffy’s probably quicker. 

I suspect that McMillan might've been on a similar six month deal to Tierney, Scullion and Layne. That would explain the odd dates that his loan ran between and why we didn't recall him.

He had a smashing game against Forfar, but that aside never seemed fit. He wouldn't have a chance of getting past Wardrop and we're over stocked for central-midfielders so it makes sense that he moves on. Hopefully that'll free up some space in the squad for an addition before the window shuts.

I'd have kept McMillan as cover, we don't have any defensive cover now other than Crawford and Wilson (if we count him as a defender). Can see us dropping Carswell back to centre half if we have a problem, but ideally we get another body in who can cover that.

I sincerely hope the announcements are plentiful tonight.

Why have we not made better use of being able to play/use trialists this season? How often have we had half a bench available? Would it not be better to have a look at a trialist or at least boost the numbers a bit?

Stranraer did this with a few amateur players when we drew 1-1 last month I’m pretty sure.