Sons' sorrow

10 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Forbes spotted at training

Should be announced tomorrow then.

I’d be very pleased with that signing, but it’s a really odd one. Would Forfar have just allowed him to walk away from a 2 year deal? Surely we can’t have afforded to pay a fee?

Edited by FifeSons

37 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Should be announced tomorrow then.

I’d be very pleased with that signing, but it’s a really odd one. Would Forfar have just allowed him to walk away from a 2 year deal? Surely we can’t have afforded to pay a fee?

Not a chance we're paying a fee, it would be madness. I can only think Forbes isn't enjoying it at Forfar and they might be happy to let him walk to use his wage elsewhere. None of their fans seem that happy with him, perhaps Malcolm feels the same, and they don't need money right now.

I don’t know how much you’ve seen of Forbes lately but he wasn’t interested against Falkirk at the weekend. He looks overweight and spent most of his time moaning at his teammates. Maybe needing a change because he’s a good player when he’s interested

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not a chance we're paying a fee, it would be madness. I can only think Forbes isn't enjoying it at Forfar and they might be happy to let him walk to use his wage elsewhere. None of their fans seem that happy with him, perhaps Malcolm feels the same, and they don't need money right now.

There are some of us who appreciate him, he's our top scorer and literally our only creative player. The only entertainment on show this season has been watching him.

Guest bernardblack

I don’t want him to go. Tbf he’s probably fed up taking flak from the people (our fans) who don’t understand modern football

We've signed *drumroll*

Robert Jones from Stranraer. I thought he looked a handful against us in December, and he gives us another option up front, so welcome aboard Rab.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4285

Now announce Forbes to whip deliveries onto his massive head plz Sons.

Just going back to the point about Kris Doolan from a day or so ago. He’s left us and apparently isn’t signing for Partick so you might be in with a shout.

I’d be delighted with Doolan but as with Bell, I can’t imagine we’d be able to offer the wages he’d be after.

Jones is a positive though. He’s a striker. Tick. He’s physical. Tick. He’s a body we badly need. Tick.

We've signed *drumroll*
Robert Jones from Stranraer. I thought he looked a handful against us in December, and he gives us another option up front, so welcome aboard Rab.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4285
Now announce Forbes to whip deliveries onto his massive head plz Sons.
Does this suggest that Quitongo will be used as a wide player? If Layne is back in 3 weeks or so, where does that leave him? Why have we retained Tierney? So many questions...