Sons' sorrow

56 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Has Conor Scullion left yourselves? I see he’s listed on the PFA Scotland website as being without a club.

I only noticed as Steven Anderson is also on it, but as far as I was aware he was still with Raith.

He came on against Aberdeen at the weekend so unless he was released after that he's still there.

That being said Mati Zata did get on ahead of him so maybe he did chuck it.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Has the website been updated since the summer?

Danny Mullen, who scored for St Mirren on Saturday is there too.

It must've been updated though because it has Dumbarton listed as clubs for Tierney and Scullion. I'm very confused.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps they've been told they can leave if they can find themselves a club. I'd be keeping Scullion as a squad player FWIW, but I guess we'll see who comes in.

I think this might well be it, because Callum Wilson is there too and that's exactly what his situation was at Thistle.

More than happy to see Tierney or Scullion move on. Scullion has looked ok in flashes but both of them only really get used as a last resort and it's clear Duffy doesn't rate them enough to play them more.

If they are indeed free to leave then it proves that Duffy should really stop signing half the exit trials squad.

1 minute ago, super-son said:

I wonder if Ciaran Diver would be worth a look.

6'3 Striker 20 year old, could maybe be backup to Layne

If rumours are to be believed then we've apparently got our Layne replacement signed and we just need clearance.

We need a right back and a winger on top of that as a minimum.