Sons' sorrow

The squad is soo thin. I’m sure Duffy doesn’t want that either but money obviously dictates that.
Shiels going back is no loss, personally thought he was awful. Frizzle has an injury to his leg and is still limping when walking apparently so will be out for a fair few weeks, hence the reason why the manager didn’t want to extend the loan.
We will add two loans maximum and have recalled the two out on loan at the junior side. It’s not ideal but it is what it is.
Hopefully we can add a right back and a winger/forward. Our starting 11 was decent but with the loans leaving that has left the squad short in numbers and quality.
Between the managers fund and the Aberdeen game hopefully the club will give Duffy the funds to improve the situation. 

How do you know it will be two loans maximum?

We are 4 bodies, and presumbly 4 wages, down on what we started with so I'll be expecting at least 4 or 5 arrivals with Zata and Crawford heading back out on loan.

Why Duffy hasn't recalled McMillan is fucking beyond me.

It seems to me like Duffy Is operating as if he doesn't give a f#@k. His contract is up at the end of the season yeah? Well it doesnt look like hes that fussed about staying on and I'd be amazed if he did. Surely he can see the squad is stretched to the limit, going into a scottish cup game against Aberdeen with potentially 14 players, 2 of which are GKs is mental. Ok it's a bit of a free hit but it could also see us pumped pretty badly. As pointed out above, we are 4 bodies down from the start of the season, so what's he doing with those wages?

37 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How do you know it will be two loans maximum?

We are 4 bodies, and presumbly 4 wages, down on what we started with so I'll be expecting at least 4 or 5 arrivals with Zata and Crawford heading back out on loan.

Why Duffy hasn't recalled McMillan is fucking beyond me.

It is weird that JM has not been recalled which can only lead to speculation.Has there been a fallout?If we could get a RB , covering Midfielder and a striker while recalling JM we would be fine.I would also loan out RT,MZ and LC.Effectively 6 out and 3 IN.That could make sense financially.

In JD's defence i genuinely think( but of course i dont know for sure) its been a case of being blocked by other clubs situations and as frustrating as it is, we, beggars cant be choosers.If said deals dont come off it will be a case of bodies in to fill jerseys.Its vital to get the right players otherwise a potential promotion push could turn into a relegation battle very quickly.

4 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

With half the season gone who has been everyone's player of the year so far?

Joe McKee's assists are worth a tip of that from me but I think Hutts is having his best season so far for us so he'd be my pick.

Hutton or McGeever for me, Hutton probably edging it just now due to his consistency this season and McGeever taking a month or so to settle in.

23 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

With half the season gone who has been everyone's player of the year so far?

Joe McKee's assists are worth a tip of that from me but I think Hutts is having his best season so far for us so he'd be my pick.

Between Hutton and McKee for me too. Both have been consistent to a level that no one else can match.

Without McKee we don't really score and we don't really win. He's a class above on the ball and I'm a huge, huge fan of his as a player.

Hutton has been excellent this season though, barnstorming performances left, right and centre and he absolutely leads by example on the pitch. I've also lost count of the amount of Star Man's I've given him in the paper.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

I see that you can now pay at the gate on Saturday. So what was the point of having tickets? I took time off this morning to go and buy tickets and within an hour or so of me getting them

the pay at the gate was announced. Weird

Likely more to do with attracting more home fans. Maybe get some folk with little else to do deciding on the day of the game that they'll go to Pittodrie 

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Likely more to do with attracting more home fans. Maybe get some folk with little else to do deciding on the day of the game that they'll go to Pittodrie 

But it was never going to be anywhere close to a sell-out so why not just make it PATG from the start?

I think the team need a RB and a winger/striker whom can be starting lineup, moreover another 2 or 3 player teams

some young player with past in the youth team or from the region like crawford for complete the team?

the good thing is that the relegated positions are far.... and the promotion too.

27 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Perhaps this week is a free hit and we need to wait for the gate receipts from the tie to fund a couple of players? 

Patience is the key 

Not too sure how these things work but I highly doubt Aberdeen will be sending us our share of the gate receipts before the end of the month. I'm sure the board will have a rough idea of the cash we'll be due, so surely we can operate on the knowledge that money is coming in. We've got 15 days to get players in, we don't have time for patience.

I don't think the things Duffy is saying in the media is helping either. We've gone from not being able to sign anyone last week to saying he's been trying to get deals done "for weeks" and that loan deals are agreed but just need the parent clubs to release them this week (which utterly reeks of "Penrice and Porteous" for me btw). It would appear there are two Jim Duffys and they're operating in different ways.