Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

What was the initial stadium plan for dumbarton? Was it to be two equal sized stands? Or three smaller set ups getting the capacity to 4000?

Phase 1 was only to build what we essentially have now, 1 stand, all seats but with added bits like gyms and office space. Phase 2, 3, 4 or Never was to build two end terraces and another smaller seated stand on the other side. The actual detail on how and when all those phases would be carried out was never set in stone, probably for good reason. They also had a kayak centre, and a Robert the Bruce wanking platform, but I guess we won't be lucky enough to see that come to life.

Looks like normal Carswell banter to me.

Carswell tweet certainly does but not sure about Brennan’s. Hopefully they are both just at it. I’m sure they’re professional enough to not let it affect on the pitch performances if there is any sort of issue between them.

23 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Carswell tweet certainly does but not sure about Brennan’s. Hopefully they are both just at it. I’m sure they’re professional enough to not let it affect on the pitch performances if there is any sort of issue between them.

Looking over Brennan's tweets I'd suggest it's all just a laugh - he gets it in the neck quite often and takes it in good spirit.

The only worry for me out of all of it is the suggestion that Carswell hasn't always been present at training, but I suppose without any details we shouldn't really let it worry us.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Anyone else think the poll on twitter about the game of the decade is a bit of a waste of time? Surely TNS away will win at a canter? Lol

6-0 v Elgin would run it close in terms of the sense of occasion. Or the playoff win to gain promotion to the championship.

The tns game itself wasn't great from a football point of view even if the occasion was significant. Football wise I thought that the 4-0 drubbing of Raith at home where Robert Thompson tore Jason Thompson a new arsehole with the quality of his performance was one of the best football performances for a very long time.

On the planning permission thing, there has been outline planning permission for housing, for some years on the car park. Last year Brabco didn’t (forgot to) re-apply to renew permission which they are required to do. That then meant they had to make a new application. The granting of this is important because Neil Rankine holds security in law on that land as guarantee against what Brabco owes him. Had the application not been granted, the land, and Rankine’s security, would have become worthless and Rankine would almost certainly have taken action to retrieve his money.

As far as game of the decade for me it has to be the 4-3 win at Falkirk. Think that was our first win under Murray and the beginning of the incredible run of form to get us off the bottom. Agnew and Lister went mental when they scored, Creaney got sent off with ten minutes left and Lyle Taylor ended up on a hattrick.

TNS was an awful game until the last 20 minutes but cannot be denied what a moment it was.

23 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Anyone else think the poll on twitter about the game of the decade is a bit of a waste of time? Surely TNS away will win at a canter? Lol

No.

I spent the first 70 or so minutes of that game wondering why I'd travelled half the length of the country to watch us play like we'd never seen each other before. The two goals were magical but the overall performance was way short of inspiring. There was magic in the sheer scale of the turn around but it was, let's face it, totally undeserved on the balance of play.

The play-off final win on the other hand was a joy from start to finish. We were in total control. I wasn't at the 4-3 Falkirk game but that must have been brilliant. The 3-1 game there the next year was sublime. All our good results there have been. And what about the 2-2s at Easter Road and Tannadice? (I wasn't at the 1-0 at the latter.) And the 5-1 at Alloa which did Hartley in?

I've not got a great deal of interest in the game of the decade but nothing comes close to the TNS game. A dramatic comeback, two wonder goals, reaching our first final for 100 odd years, 800 Sons fans going wild after an absolutely superb day on the lash and Froxy running over to join in on the celebrations at the final whistle. The playoff final was obviously a great occassion but there was nae drama due to our domination.

Game of the decade has to be based on more than just how we performed on the day.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Dom Thomas fellas, think he's likely to play behind Nisbet, seemed he had a decent loan spell at league 1 level? 

The very though of Dom Thomas playing second fiddle to Kevin Nisbet is mind boggling imo!