Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

At face value the last few posts look grim, and suggest an element of panic.  A return of Tumilty to his parent club would hardly be a surprise, but surely in that event recalling McMillan from Pollok would have been the priority, no ?

Looks like McMillan played the last two Saturdays for Pollok, so with a bit of luck he's getting close to the fitness level that's required. If Tumilty is returning to Morton tomorrow, I don't think my nerves could cope with Crawford at right back, especially after what happened to him in the first game there. 

Looks like McMillan played the last two Saturdays for Pollok, so with a bit of luck he's getting close to the fitness level that's required. If Tumilty is returning to Morton tomorrow, I don't think my nerves could cope with Crawford at right back, especially after what happened to him in the first game there. 
Maybe Crawford has developed massively in the huge number of games he played with Rossvale on loan............

Surely the club would have announced players returning to their parent clubs.
Did Morton tweet or announce anything about Tumilty returning?
I can only assume Tumilty's loan has expired if Morton are looking to register him for today. If that's the case we'd have to re-sign and re-register him and I reckon if we'd done that we'd have heard about it.

There may be some discussions going on in the background with regards us trying to keep him and if those are still ongoing we will probably wait until it's official before announcing he has definitely left, if that's the outcome.

I can only assume Tumilty's loan has expired if Morton are looking to register him for today. If that's the case we'd have to re-sign and re-register him and I reckon if we'd done that we'd have heard about it.

There may be some discussions going on in the background with regards us trying to keep him and if those are still ongoing we will probably wait until it's official before announcing he has definitely left, if that's the outcome.
Well he has just been named in the team so that's a confusing one.

For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter (and why wouldn't you....) today was indeed Tumilty's last game. Duffy was keen to extend it but David Hopkin wants him back at Cappielow.

Someone has big boots to fill because neither Crawford nor McMillan are the answer. In fact, given the state of our squad, Duffy has a bit of work to do this week just to get 11 players who'll give us a chance on the pitch next Saturday.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter (and why wouldn't you....) today was indeed Tumilty's last game. Duffy was keen to extend it but David Hopkin wants him back at Cappielow.

Someone has big boots to fill because neither Crawford nor McMillan are the answer. In fact, given the state of our squad, Duffy has a bit of work to do this week just to get 11 players who'll give us a chance on the pitch next Saturday.

This.  Whilst no serious damage was done today given results elsewhere, based on this afternoon's team and performance we will quickly begin to stand still as those below us gain ground.

Tumilty's departure is unfortunate but hardly unexpected, and although I would not be averse to at least trying McMillan in there, we badly need fresh faces further forward - today must be the most lightweight and ineffective Sons strike force for many a long day.

21 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Wasnt there so dunno what went on but some of our fans really out do themselves on the old social media dont they? Jeeezus, surely 1 post on the matter would suffice?

Was a weird one today for me.

No doubt the Falkirk stewards singled out the Young Sons.

Apparently the ref asked the stewards to have words with the Young Sons about abusing him. They definitely weren't doing that. They were just enjoying themselves.

Stewards then thought they had pyro which turned out to be a party popper which looked nothing like being pyro.

That being said some fans turning on the stewards shouting 'you touch young boys' (we all know what they were getting at) and slagging them about how much they earn was uncalled for.

By all means boo them etc.

But anyone who makes light of what someone does for a living can get to f**k in my book.

No time for it.

Edited by sarti pooh

1 minute ago, sarti pooh said:

Was a weird one today for me.

No doubt the Falkirk stewards singled out the Young Sons.

Apparently the ref asked the stewards to have words with the Young Sons about abusing him. They definitely weren't doing that. They were just enjoying themselves.

There is surely absolutely no chance that's true. Like I cannot believe for a second an experienced Premiership ref (or any referee for that matter) would instruct the stewards to have a go at a wee group of fans for giving him stick. 

If that's what the stewards claimed then I would feel confident in calling that out as an excuse for the power hungry weirdo head stewards to start having a go at some kids having fun. They barely swore let alone dished out abuse that warranted about four stewards and a man in the suit to turn up and start laying down the law.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

There is surely absolutely no chance that's true. Like I cannot believe for a second an experienced Premiership ref (or any referee for that matter) would instruct the stewards to have a go at a wee group of fans for giving him stick. 

If that's what the stewards claimed then I would feel confident in calling that out as an excuse for the power hungry weirdo head stewards to start having a go at some kids having fun. They barely swore let alone dished out abuse that warranted about four stewards and a man in the suit to turn up and start laying down the law.

If it was the ref was it not the lass running the line as i thought i heard  singing get your t*ts out for the lads just when the teams came out for the second half ( at the time i thought i must have been mistaken and hearing things)

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If it was the ref was it not the lass running the line as i thought i heard  singing get your t*ts out for the lads just when the teams came out for the second half ( at the time i thought i must have been mistaken and hearing things)

Defo wasnt our young team. I was sat behind them whole game.

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

They were defo singled out no doubts.

They started a chant apologising to the referee at one point though after the steward had words.