Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, McGarci said:

whas is going to happen in chrismas with the loan players(shiled, tumilty and frizzel? If they come back their teams you need compulsory a right back and a winger

an later, what can be improved??? another striker?

I don't see us having too much bother getting Frizzell back - Killie won't be using him and he can only play for us or them for the rest of the season. If Duffy wants to keep Sheils, again I don't see any problem as he won't be anywhere near Rangers first team. Tumilty is the only one we are likely to lose, with Morton having the joint worst defence in the Championship I would be surprised if they weren't thinking about taking Tumilty back. 

We'll need a right back if he goes, on top of a winger and a striker for me.

Death of Douglas Dalgleish announced on the club site.

It is with very deep sadness that we announce that Douglas Dalgleish, a former chairman of Dumbarton Football Club and one of its honorary presidents, has died.

During many years of service to the club, Douglas was its chairman during its move from Boghead Park to what is now the C&G Systems Stadium in 2000.

The thoughts of everybody at the club are with Douglas' family and friends at this sad time.

Funeral arrangements can be obtained from James Auld Funeral Directors in Helensburgh.

Edited by Boghead ranter

On 09/12/2019 at 16:07, McGarci said:

whas is going to happen in chrismas with the loan players(shiled, tumilty and frizzel? If they come back their teams you need compulsory a right back and a winger

an later, what can be improved??? another striker?

Theyll simply ask St Johnstone for a couple of players, and we'll chuck them anyone they desire.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure Tommy Wright and Jim Duffy are on speaking terms tbh.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, it looks like Tommy Wright was quite right to be ridiculously seething about Duffy's prediction.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

I did enjoy Wright's feeble attempts to equate part time management and failure.

Such a wee shame that his rump are currently occupying the very position forecast by the part-timer.

Well, there goes your chances of getting Kane lads.

2 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Did Layne's injury look a bad one today?

And how did Shiels play?

Metatarsal. He's away for an x-ray tonight, Duffy hopes it's just bruised but we'll just have to wait and see.

He was alright. His pace and physicality caused issues...he's just not great with the ball at his feet.