Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Chris Turner absolutely robbed there IMHO.

I'm Carsy's biggest fangirl, but that is crazy. Turner was the best part-time player in the country for that season where he was actually fit.

My team posted a few pages back would wipe the floor with this mob so far imo.

This team of the year is going to be absolutely honking by the time it's finished.

I'm predicting a Gary Fleming Prunty striker partnership to end it too.

Can't believe we didn't have the option of Jamie Lindsay as a CDM either. The fact that Jon Routledge won his group says it all. (Not a terrible player but should never be in the top 4).

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone come and collect super-son, he's drunk.

Routledge was one of Aitken's best signings imo. He was a fantastic player.

Having to choose between Forbes and Stanton was absolutely brutal there. Might just vote for the other one on one of my different accounts to stop me feeling like I've chosen a favourite son.

Aggy will win it today though. And rightly so.

I noticed on this week's business pages that former Sons legend Chris Ewing is launching a Scottish version of Coca Cola with a business partner. It's certainly a diversion from his involvement in running a football academy for overseas youngsters.

I recall him as a gangling failure of epic proportions, possibly the most ineffective striker I've ever seen in a Sons shirt, and yes, that includes Calum Campbell.

Lewis Crawford and Mati Zata punted out on loan to Rossvale til January.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4206
Glad to see them going out on loan to get games but the timing does seem a bit odd. Neither of them were getting anywhere near the first team but should we have 3 or 4 injuries/suspensions between now and January we could be looking at being very short on numbers.

I'm disappointed it didn't work out for Crawford. He comes across as a thoroughly decent guy, is a local lad and has strong family connections to the club.