Sons' sorrow

Lewis Crawford and Mati Zata punted out on loan to Rossvale til January.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4206
A bit disappointed that it never quite happened for Crawford. Don't think Zata ever imposed himself on a game to see what he had.

Good luck to both of them on their loan deals and hopefully that's at least a wage freed up for January.

Yep, if we weren't getting a draw against a wee team then I wanted either of the OF away or Aberdeen away.

Would have preferred to get BSC Glasgow (or similar) at home or that and then a bigger team in the next round but will take it. The last thing we wanted was another boring tie vs Falkirk or Raith etc...

Would have thought, financially, Aberdeen away would be up there, happy to go and get cuffed by 4 or 5 and have some extra in the coffers versus watching a draw against Queens Park (Just a reference, no offence to the spiders).

Edited by albundy

9,661 at their home game with Stenhousemuir in the same round last season.

Would have thought financially, Aberdeen away would be up there, happy to go and get cuffed by 4 or 5 and have some extra in the coffers versus watching a draw against Queens Park (Just a reference, no offence to the spiders).

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

The striker vote has started, I will look into my crystal ball and say that Fleming and Prunty will be the 2 strikers chosen, better give the fans a big wave next time they are down!

Both are presumably the highest scoring strikers over the period and performed well over several seasons in the decade. It's not a bad thing if they're both in there.

Just a pity that the likes of Dom Thomas have been lumped in with the strikers vote, despite being more of an attacking midfielder / winger to my mind.

Turning to the cup draw, on the face of it we're staring down the barrel of a heavy defeat but stranger things have happened and should be a good day oot. Ryan McGeever to score.