Sons' sorrow

I've got to say, the choices for the wing positions have been, eh, strange. Froxylias, Megginson and Thomson should all have been included in these groups - there would be absolutely no problem in putting folk like Thomson in both the striker and winger polls. We're going to have a choice of Turner, Agnew, Froxy, Joe Thomson and Jamie Lindsay for centre midfield. A nightmare choice, before we even consider that Lister, Kano, Fleming and Prunty will need to be chosen between too.

As much as I'm airing those gripes, I understand this is just a bit of fun so I suppose I should wind my neck in.

27 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Prunty will romp the striker poll, mark my words.

It seems there's a real clash with the fans voting with their hearts and the ones with their heads.

I've been trying to go for ability over loyalty, who waves to the fans most etc.

Dom Thomas and/or Chris Kane will be likely getting my votes depending on how the groups are but I'd have no quarrels with Prunty making the team just like Grindlay beating Martin and Rodgers to the No.1 spot.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I'll find it difficult not to vote for Prunts since he's my favourite ever player. I will do it because he's not the best we've had. I hope he at least makes the final.

I wouldn’t grumble if Prunty makes the final 11. He was a good player who provided some terrific moments in his time at the club - regardless of whether he’s technically the best.

This decade has probably seen us with more non white players than any other decade (and long may our diversity continue). 
Can anyone name all our players of black (or other non white) origin throughout the ages? 
I feel this should be celebrated
Think most Scottish clubs can say the same, definitely a step in the right direction

This decade has probably seen us with more non white players than any other decade (and long may our diversity continue). 
Can anyone name all our players of black (or other non white) origin throughout the ages? 
I feel this should be celebrated

You feel it should be celebrated? What, that people are becoming less racist? :lol:

59 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You feel it should be celebrated? What, that people are becoming less racist? :lol:

I've not once mentioned racism. 

Diversity, I think, should be celebrated and encouraged to reflect our changing society. It's just my opinion mind ye. 

Ultimately I was looking for someone less lazy than me to compile a list of our players that are non white? If you're offended by that then sorry. 

Emeka Obildele

Emeka Obidele's cousin

Jose Quitongo

Rico Quitongo

Kler Heh

Arlan Mptata

Christian Nade

Mati Zata

Isaac Layne

Just about every trialist we had playing for us in the summer.

I can't be certain this list is conclusive.

Brian McPhee and Gordon Lennon too.

ETA We had a player in the 90's called Moses Apiliga but he only ever played in friendlies and probably reserve matches but he was a signed player so he can be added to the list.