Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Forfar at home in the cup! Shite

This a bit spooky.  I upload a picture of the late John McGhee (well done Lionel.....) and in no time we draw Forfar at home in the Cup.  Echoes of January 1970, when the bottom-of-the-table Loons came calling and won 2-1, and earned themselvs a plum home tie with the original Rangers (they lost 7-0).  Big John was substitute that day and he came on with Sons trailing 2-0.  He scored with a diving header and was then clean thro on the Silverton End goal with minutes remaining, only to lose his footing on the edge of the box.  Just to compound themisery Biffo Muir had earlier missed a penalty.

13 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This a bit spooky.  I upload a picture of the late John McGhee (well done Lionel.....) and in no time we draw Forfar at home in the Cup.  Echoes of January 1970, when the bottom-of-the-table Loons came calling and won 2-1, and earned themselvs a plum home tie with the original Rangers (they lost 7-0).  Big John was substitute that day and he came on with Sons trailing 2-0.  He scored with a diving header and was then clean thro on the Silverton End goal with minutes remaining, only to lose his footing on the edge of the box.  Just to compound themisery Biffo Muir had earlier missed a penalty.

At least we hammered them 2v1 in the league match the following week, thanks to a flukey deflected free kick by the legendary Johnny Graham😊

Jim Duffy has now been in the job for a year. His league record is P36 W14 D10 L12 F61 A56 Pts 52.

That's a 38% win ratio which is the highest since Gerry McCabe(42%), although these are subjective since we've played in different divisions.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Jim Duffy has now been in the job for a year. His league record is P36 W14 D10 L12 F61 A56 Pts 52.

That's a 38% win ratio which is the highest since Gerry McCabe(42%), although these are subjective since we've played in different divisions.

How many of those games has he worn his silver shimmering suit?

Not enough is the answer.

I didn't know but would have guessed correctly given the image has the footer stamped, John McGhee.jpg

I see Alan Martin has been made available for transfer by East Kilbride. Apparently he was due to be named as a sub on Saturday before his name disappeared from the teamsheet prior to kick off. You've got to assume there's been some sort of fall out there.

During the summer I'd have been happy to have him back, despite being less than impressed with his conduct when he left us (publicy slagging the wage he was offered) but I'm starting to notice a trend whereby drama seems to follow him around.

I see Alan Martin has been made available for transfer by East Kilbride. Apparently he was due to be named as a sub on Saturday before his name disappeared from the teamsheet prior to kick off. You've got to assume there's been some sort of fall out there.

During the summer I'd have been happy to have him back, despite being less than impressed with his conduct when he left us (publicy slagging the wage he was offered) but I'm starting to notice a trend whereby drama seems to follow him around.
And he's not very good.

Tumilty has been fantastic IMO.

He has barely put a foot wrong and keeps it simple with regards to defending. He has also not been afraid to get forward and overlap on the wing which is always good to see with a fullback. I honestly think he could do a job in a higher league albeit he would be tested a bit more.

41 minutes ago, Scosha said:

How has Tumilty been getting on? I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him for the 2nd half of the season as we're badly in need of a RB and Hopkin must have made a mess of finding a replacement for him.

Excellent debut, steady ever since.  Far too comfortable in this league.  Hope we can keep him but I can't see it.

3 hours ago, super-son said:

Tumilty has been fantastic IMO.

He has barely put a foot wrong and keeps it simple with regards to defending. He has also not been afraid to get forward and overlap on the wing which is always good to see with a fullback. I honestly think he could do a job in a higher league albeit he would be tested a bit more.

He had a shaky first few months when he joined but I thought he finished last season strongly. Shocked the Hopkin let him go and hasn’t brought anyone else in (apart from a CH who has be shoe-horned in to RB). 

4 hours ago, Scosha said:

How has Tumilty been getting on? I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him for the 2nd half of the season as we're badly in need of a RB and Hopkin must have made a mess of finding a replacement for him.

Jim Duffy says he'll fight Hopkin. Winner takes Tumilty. Hell in a Cell. January 1st.

Live on SonsTV PPV.

Tomorrow's Lennox has another full page interview with a Sons player and I'd be very grateful if nobody posted a photo on here.

It'll be up online either tomorrow or Wednesday if you flat out refuse to buy a paper or are outwith G82. The McKee one did pretty well online and looked good in paper, this one looks even better in the paper - and I'm hopeful it'll do well too, which in turn lets me speak to more players and spend more time writing about DFC.

18 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Tomorrow's Lennox has another full page interview with a Sons player and I'd be very grateful if nobody posted a photo on here.

It'll be up online either tomorrow or Wednesday if you flat out refuse to buy a paper or are outwith G82. The McKee one did pretty well online and looked good in paper, this one looks even better in the paper - and I'm hopeful it'll do well too, which in turn lets me speak to more players and spend more time writing about DFC.

Despite your pleas which are absolutely fair enough in my opinion, someone always ends up posting a picture of the paper/article on here for some reason.

Hopefully this week it will be different.