Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Serious question - how many of last seasons squad would you still want now that we've had a few games to judge the team Duffy has built?

I'd have Mango, Ballantyne (for left back), Calum Gallagher and at a push Bobby Barr. Not sure I'd want any others back over what we have now.

I think the ones you've mentioned are about right. I'm trying to decide on Forbes. He did bail us out a good few times last season but then again a severe lack of pace cost us dearly last year and I feel Duffman has addressed that.

I'll go same list except Forbes as my 'at a push' instead of Bobby.

56 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

I think the ones you've mentioned are about right. I'm trying to decide on Forbes. He did bail us out a good few times last season but then again a severe lack of pace cost us dearly last year and I feel Duffman has addressed that.

I'll go same list except Forbes as my 'at a push' instead of Bobby.

I was actually thinking about Ross Forbes when I was making up the infographic the other day.

On the evidence so far I think Duffy's done a very good job of sourcing a replacement in Joe McKee. His set-piece delivery has been excellent, he's always looking for the ball and he gives us a wee bit extra quality that can make a difference in midfield.

The only issue I have is his lack of goals, if he can hit 8/9 this season then that would be absolutely excellent - because Layne and (on his day) PJ aside this team is lacking goals.

Across the two squads (and excluding loans from last season) I'd see an XI looking like this:

Conor Brennan

Reghan Tumilty Craig Barr Brian McLean Cammy Ballantyne

PJ Crossan Stuart Carswell Joe McKee Ross Forbes

Calum Gallagher Isaac Layne

Layne and Gallagher would be a hilariously unorthodox but ultimately effective strikeforce 🤣

Edited by Jan Vojáček

21 hours ago, Silverton End said:

😀

It's a local butcher that supplies those delicacies to East Fife, maybe the indian summer weather produced a surge in demand.

Bob Moreland supplies the pastry based meat filled products at Bayview. I've always been puzzled that the closer to Scotland's biggest city you get, the less likely you are to purchase a decent pie, fish supper or morning roll - the staples of Scottish cuisine...

Serious question - how many of last seasons squad would you still want now that we've had a few games to judge the team Duffy has built?
I'd have Mango, Ballantyne (for left back), Calum Gallagher and at a push Bobby Barr. Not sure I'd want any others back over what we have now.
Thomas, Mango, McLean, Gallagher & Forbes. I still think we look dodgy as hell at the back and both centre backs that ended the season are superior to what we have now. I don't rate McCluskey at all and would happily see the likes of Forbes over him, despite his slowness, with McKee taking Langan's position (another one I'm not convinced with). As much as I don't rate McCluskey, I don't view Bobby Barr as an upgrade on him, better off rid IMHO.

While I think we’ve been pretty good in every game I’ve seen us play this season and I wouldn’t want to unduly criticise Duffy, I feel like the substitution made when McKee came off yesterday weakened us unnecessarily. Much as I would love Crawford to succeed, I’d rather have kept Tumitly at right back and have Crossan or Scullion out on the right. We may have escaped Fife with all 3 points that way, as undeserved as that would have been.

Edited by GordyBrow

I think you're spot on about the substitution. I can't figure out Duffy's thinking on his choice of replacement.

While I think we’ve been pretty good in every game I’ve seen us play this season and I wouldn’t want to unduly criticise Duffy, I feel like the substitution made when McKee came off yesterday weakened us unnecessarily. Much as I would love Crawford to succeed, I’d rather have kept Tumitly at right back and have Crossan or Scullion out on the right. We may have escaped Fife with all 3 points that way, as undeserved as that would have been.

Our team are full of weaklings. We missed Hutton today.

Sat back and let Clyde dominate easily for the first 30 mins. Once Clyde scored we didn’t kick a ball. We need a hard b*****d up front.
We didn't miss Hutton, the last thing we needed was another pedestrian midfielder. Clyde demonstrated how to move the ball and the difference in midfield quality was obvious.