Sons' sorrow

Duffy hasn't done enough at Championship level to be tempting clubs like Thistle IMO, and it goes against the type of gaffer Thistle have favoured for about the last decade. Perhaps they now fancy a change and whilst I think Duffy is a relatively safe pair of hands I think Thistle will be aiming higher.

I'm happy with how we're playing at the moment even when we're under pressure. We had our backs to the wall against Montrose and again today but held out both times and we're three points better off than we could've been. I know it's still early in the season but I'm confident we can challenge for a (promotion) play off place this season. Six weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought this was possible and this team will improve further the more they play together.

24 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'm happy with how we're playing at the moment even when we're under pressure. We had our backs to the wall against Montrose and again today but held out both times and we're three points better off than we could've been. I know it's still early in the season but I'm confident we can challenge for a (promotion) play off place this season. Six weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought this was possible and this team will improve further the more they play together.

Absolutely.

Some turnaround in our form, so far, so good.

Fair play to Duffy & his squad in proving many of us wrong.

A couple of teams are already looking a bit stranded at the bottom of the league & we have a decent points cushion between us and them.

I always have 2 steak n gravy pies before kick off at Methil  😀

Absolutely.
Some turnaround in our form, so far, so good.
Fair play to Duffy & his squad in proving many of us wrong.
A couple of teams are already looking a bit stranded at the bottom of the league & we have a decent points cushion between us and them.
I always have 2 steak n gravy pies before kick off at Methil  [emoji3]

Did you do it today? Are you the reason I had to have a fucking hot dog? Obviously I didn't "have to" but I did!

I was disappointed to see McCluskey get the nod ahead of Crossan. This could have been due a PJ nursing a knock or something so I'll try not jump the gun too much but from what I've seen and read (live tweets & match reports) there's zero composure coming from Stef and he's passing up big chances. 

How's his overall play been last 2 weeks and does anyone agree/disagree with him starting ahead of crossan? 

I was disappointed to see McCluskey get the nod ahead of Crossan. This could have been due a PJ nursing a knock or something so I'll try not jump the gun too much but from what I've seen and read (live tweets & match reports) there's zero composure coming from Stef and he's passing up big chances. 
How's his overall play been last 2 weeks and does anyone agree/disagree with him starting ahead of crossan? 
McCluskey is the absolute definition of a sand dancer unfortunately. I can't remember the last time we had a player with less end product than him.

Crossan and Shiels on the wings for me. McCluskey could be decent against a tiring defence.

The only positive I thought of having PJ on the bench is that he could be running at tiring defenders but I think he came on maybe a wee bit too late to have a major impact. I'd have him starting every game but like SP said it could be down to a wee niggle.

I'd actually like to see us line up 442 pushing someone forward to partner Layne up front. It's a shape that worked well for Jim last year.

I’m with you on that one. Nobody can deny McCluskey’s effort, but he just doesn’t look anywhere near as dangerous as he did in his peak at Morton. I don’t know if it’s because he’s stepping back up to senior football after a few seasons in juniors, or if he’s still not fully fit after his injury or what - but there’s no denying we’re a better team with Crossan over him at the moment imo. PJ might be a typical lower league attacker with an inconsistent end product, but he’s got a bit of magic about him that most players in this league don’t have.