Sons' sorrow

Apparently we have the most expensive pie in Scottish football...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49652921

I may be wrong but I don't think the club has any say over the prices of pies. All of that would be down to the caterer.

Our steak pies are very nice tbf, if you want tasty pie you have to pay a premium.

Edited to add: "To put it differently, it costs only marginally more to buy a slice of pizza and a drink at Serie A giants Juventus at 5.50 euros (£4.92) than a pie and a tea at Dumbarton. Granted, there are different economies of scale at play between the two..."

what a completely random, pointless, oddball comparison.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Apparently we have the most expensive pie in Scottish football...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49652921

I've always wanted to know how our pie prices compare with a slice of pizza at Juventus. Deary fucking me, that's actual paid, working journalists making that comparison as if it has any relevance whatsoever. The price of catering is completely irrelevant at the football - if you think it's too expensive then wait for an hour and make your own food, nobody is forced to buy that shit. 

The article is written so negatively too, focuses on everyones expensive points and quickly passes over some of the excellent deals clubs offer. It says we're the "joint-third highest" for single match entry at £16, which to be fair to them is true. But when you look at it...Falkirk and Airdrie charge more than us, we're the same as Raith (and Peterhead if you want a seat), everyone else charges £1 less than us with the exception of Forfar. We're hardly ripping folk off there.

I would agree that our season ticket price is probably too high for this level, but the price was set at that level for good reason.

Tom English is a fucking knob who can f**k off as well. Moaning that you can't get a football top for less than £35 anywhere, I'll bet my house on it that he hasn't bothered to look at what kit manufacturers charge to the clubs. Usually, if you can't get something cheaper than a certain price ANYWHERE it means that it's not fucking possible to sell it for any lower without making a loss. Again, a paid journalist coming up with this shite. 

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I may be wrong but I don't think the club has any say over the prices of pies. All of that would be down to the caterer.

Our steak pies are very nice tbf, if you want tasty pie you have to pay a premium.

Edited to add: "To put it differently, it costs only marginally more to buy a slice of pizza and a drink at Serie A giants Juventus at 5.50 euros (£4.92) than a pie and a tea at Dumbarton. Granted, there are different economies of scale at play between the two..."

what a completely random, pointless, oddball comparison.

Why the f**k should food cost any more or less depending on the level of football game you're at? Does Tom English think folk should ne shelling out £20 for a coke at Serie A games but get raging when he has to pay £1.20 for a tea at a L2 game?

What an idiot.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Why the f**k should food cost any more or less depending on the level of football game you're at? Does Tom English think folk should ne shelling out £20 for a coke at Serie A games but get raging when he has to pay £1.20 for a tea at a L2 game?

What an idiot.

To be fair to Tom English, it appears to be Scott Mullen and Stephen Couse who have conspired to come up with that utter shite. English only makes some equally stupid comments at the end. Such as "The Glasgow Warriors charge £215 for a season ticket and get 7,500 every week" being his best one - perhaps he can point out why Forfar, Stranraer, Peterhead and the entirety of League 2, who charge less than the Glasgow Warriors, are not pulling in 7,500+ every week. Lazy, lazy journalism, and he'll be one of the highest paid sports journalists in the country too, I'd imagine.

I've always wanted to know how our pie prices compare with a slice of pizza at Juventus. Deary fucking me, that's actual paid, working journalists making that comparison as if it has any relevance whatsoever. The price of catering is completely irrelevant at the football - if you think it's too expensive then wait for an hour and make your own food, nobody is forced to buy that shit. 
The article is written so negatively too, focuses on everyones expensive points and quickly passes over some of the excellent deals clubs offer. It says we're the "joint-third highest" for single match entry at £16, which to be fair to them is true. But when you look at it...Falkirk and Airdrie charge more than us, we're the same as Raith (and Peterhead if you want a seat), everyone else charges £1 less than us with the exception of Forfar. We're hardly ripping folk off there.
I would agree that our season ticket price is probably too high for this level, but the price was set at that level for good reason.
Tom English is a fucking knob who can f**k off as well. Moaning that you can't get a football top for less than £35 anywhere, I'll bet my house on it that he hasn't bothered to look at what kit manufacturers charge to the clubs. Usually, if you can't get something cheaper than a certain price ANYWHERE it means that it's not fucking possible to sell it for any lower without making a loss. Again, a paid journalist coming up with this shite. 
Aye these journos, if only we had one amongst our fanbase that posted on here we could abuse and ridicule.......

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye these journos, if only we had one amongst our fanbase that posted on here we could abuse and ridicule.......

Agreed.

Poor Simon's PMs will be full of angry Sons fans 👀

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I'm at the Falkirk/Forfar game today, and the Forfar fans have.........a drum 😱😱😱

Ex-Sons report :

Mark Docherty: Forfar captain, left sided CH, played well, not at fault for any of the 3 goals, put in a typical Sparky performance.

Ross Forbes : wide right mid, struggled to make any impact on the game. Could barely control the ball sometimes. Subbed with 10/15 to go, replaced by...

Jordan Kirkpatrick,  direct swap for Forbes. Looked very lively, some lovely touches and direct runs. Did more in his short time on the pitch than Forbes did in his 75/80 minutes.

Gregor Buchanan : Falkirk captsin and left CH, solid display, especially with the addition of having to cover Mark Durnan's ten Bob heid and sclaffy feet. Previous great Sons service let's me excuse the man bun he now sports, but only just.

3 hours ago, optimistic said:

Rumours of the DOM coming back, anyone shed light on this?

There were rumours in the summer as well.

Unless Thomas was willing to do a Rory McAllister and give up on pro football for a career outside the game and to be content playing for enjoyment then it's unlikely.