Sons' sorrow

Cheers and well done to the Lichties on moving into a promotion play off spot. Hope your nosebleed isn't too bad.

I am completely underwhelmed so far to be honest, we would be unbeaten if DJ hadn't thrown one in up in Inverness

Maybe see you's next season... if we don't fly up Into the Prem [emoji23][emoji12]

I am completely underwhelmed so far to be honest, we would be unbeaten if DJ hadn't thrown one in up in Inverness

Maybe see you's next season... if we don't fly up Into the Prem [emoji23][emoji12]
I hope so. And not in L1!

It would be nice to get Zata out on loan to free up a wage but I don't imagine he's on much.

Duffy could be wanting to keep some of his loans available for later in the season.

We are doing alright just now and I would love to get a decent CB and a winger in but it could be that those players aren't available at the moment, and it would be a waste to bring someone in of equal or less quality.

PITK

We absolutely need another striker IMO. Tierney isn't up to much and Layne has just returned from a year long injury lay off. As well as Layne is doing just now his career has been littered with inconsistency so I'd like to see someone other than Tierney ready to step in if he's injured or out of form.

We absolutely need another striker IMO. Tierney isn't up to much and Layne has just returned from a year long injury lay off. As well as Layne is doing just now his career has been littered with inconsistency so I'd like to see someone other than Tierney ready to step in if he's injured or out of form.
I agree with this to an extent but I think Tierney might do okay if we played him alongside Layne or another Target man type.

The System we are playing just now with Layne up top himself is working well and doesn't favour a Tierney type player. You could maybe get away with playing him behind Layne but I think we've got players better suited to that than him.

IMO a player like Layne upfront is a great advantage to have and there aren't that many guys like him floating around just now. Bringing in another striker that doesn't have the same physicality as Layne requires you to change your whole attacking system which can be a huge task for the management and players to adjust to.

Tricky one

1 minute ago, super-son said:

I agree with this to an extent but I think Tierney might do okay if we played him alongside Layne or another Target man type.

The System we are playing just now with Layne up top himself is working well and doesn't favour a Tierney type player. You could maybe get away with playing him behind Layne but I think we've got players better suited to that than him.

IMO a player like Layne upfront is a great advantage to have and there aren't that many guys like him floating around just now. Bringing in another striker that doesn't have the same physicality as Layne requires you to change your whole attacking system which can be a huge task for the management and players to adjust to.

Tricky one

I think someone like Layne is maybe required because if he gets injured then what?That is the fear.Or a diferent striker that could partner Tierney in a 2 up top scenario.We need a range of goalscorers.Lookat QOS..Dobbie hit 40 goals yet they were in a relegation playoff.We cant solely rely on Layne IMO.

I don't think we can get any loans in after the end of September, until the window opens again in January. That is, apart from a goalkeeper on an emergency loan.
I meant to say outside of the Premiership and Championship transfer Window. I think ours lasts a little longer than theirs.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree he's not as much of a goal threat but I think he holds the ball up better than Layne. Potentially useful towards the end of a game  if we need to hold out like  we did on Saturday.