Sons' sorrow

Good stuff today on the pitch but I heard some horror story stuff off it. Coming out of the bogs, I heard one guy saying to a grey haired guy that it was good to see him back. The smug faced grey haired git replied with: " when I heard the drum had been decommissioned I came along". That angered me significantly. Then in the bar afterwards I overheard comments saying that the young ultras have to change their name as someone who's thinking of sponsoring them (I think) doesn't like the connotations of the word "ultras". He/she clearly doesn't know what it means. Then I was told the young ultras gave up their drum due to Howlin bloody Wilf (remember, he plays in a band with a drummer and guitar amplification) alleging that the rather quiet drum distresses him ( oh diddums, how could they??). Then the utterly spurious excuse of Wilf being a long term supporter who has donated to the club financially; so the entire bloody support has to behave in a way that satisfies one bloke. One bloody bloke!! This club is going down the route of turning into a little Hitler run golf club. These kids and the rest of the support pay their money that keeps us going and as long as we are not engaging in offensive or anti-social behaviour then that should be fine for all of us. Those kids and their drum went viral with many posters around the country rightly praising them for their passion and noise-making. How utterly embarrassing that supposed super fan Wilf has destroyed one of the few things we can be proud of. Wilf and his apologists should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

2 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

Ok, fair enough. I'm obviously one of the more flippant posters on here usually,  but this issue has angered me significantly. 

I'm fairly flippant myself, same goes for the flippant gif.

Fwiw I agree, the kids should be encouraged, they made more noise & colour at Starks last season than the home fans.

Workable compromises to accommodate both those who want drums/noise and those who don't are most welcome.

Cheap digs and sniping isn't.

We've a small enough support as it is. Losing any fan regardless of whether they're long time supporters or newer and younger fans is a problem. An equal problem is fans using it as another excuse to start having goes at each other.

Enjoy the performance and the win. Both were thoroughly enjoyable. By all means have a civil discussion but can we cut the personal stuff? It does nobody any favours and nobody wins from it.

Good stuff today on the pitch but I heard some horror story stuff off it. Coming out of the bogs, I heard one guy saying to a grey haired guy that it was good to see him back. The smug faced grey haired git replied with: " when I heard the drum had been decommissioned I came along". That angered me significantly. Then in the bar afterwards I overheard comments saying that the young ultras have to change their name as someone who's thinking of sponsoring them (I think) doesn't like the connotations of the word "ultras". He/she clearly doesn't know what it means. Then I was told the young ultras gave up their drum due to Howlin bloody Wilf (remember, he plays in a band with a drummer and guitar amplification) alleging that the rather quiet drum distresses him ( oh diddums, how could they??). Then the utterly spurious excuse of Wilf being a long term supporter who has donated to the club financially; so the entire bloody support has to behave in a way that satisfies one bloke. One bloody bloke!! This club is going down the route of turning into a little Hitler run golf club. These kids and the rest of the support pay their money that keeps us going and as long as we are not engaging in offensive or anti-social behaviour then that should be fine for all of us. Those kids and their drum went viral with many posters around the country rightly praising them for their passion and noise-making. How utterly embarrassing that supposed super fan Wilf has destroyed one of the few things we can be proud of. Wilf and his apologists should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
f**k me, there is a God...no mention of the Brian Jamestown Massacre.

23 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Workable compromises to accommodate both those who want drums/noise and those who don't are most welcome.

Cheap digs and sniping isn't.

We've a small enough support as it is. Losing any fan regardless of whether they're long time supporters or newer and younger fans is a problem. An equal problem is fans using it as another excuse to start having goes at each other.

Enjoy the performance and the win. Both were thoroughly enjoyable. By all means have a civil discussion but can we cut the personal stuff? It does nobody any favours and nobody wins from it.

Whilst a working compromise is normally the best route forward, I don't think it's necessary for the sake of one man. It would be like asking Motorhead (I know) to turn the amps down for the sake of one audience member that suffered from tinnitus. Regarding the personal stuff, yes I would normally agree but Wilf is the guy who tried to humiliate a poster on here by accusing him of suffering from dyslexia even though the poster had spelt two medical conditions correctly and Wilf hadn't!! If he can dish it out, I'm sure he can take it in return.

4 minutes ago, #Gary said:

He scored on his debut for us as well. Chill out.

He's still garbage.

There is a massive difference between garbage in League One and garbage in the Championship.

If Layne hadn't gone full cult-hero today then Tumilty would've been our MOTM.

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, RockMusic said:

f**k me, there is a God...no mention of the Brian Jamestown Massacre.

You're surely not suggesting you don't care for my posts about the utterly magnificent Brian Jonestown Massacre?? In the time of another two single malts I will resume normal service.

I wasn’t going to reply to this but what the heck? Wind your neck in. I was quite happy in my exile from games which has been since January. I haven’t been at a game since and neither have I made one single complaint to the club or expressed any wish to return.i attempted to debate it here and that’s all. Last week I went to Peterhead because I have a friend who lives near there and enjoyed the game with him. Someone at the game remarked to me that the drum was no longer present at games. On that basis I went along today and was pleased to find out that this was indeed the case. Pressure exerted by me was 0. I understand however that several supporters had made complaints as well as several householders. I was that grey haired guy and I’ll be pleased to discuss the matter face to face with you rather than you sneaking away name calling and constructing a fiction on here.

I’ll be happy to explain to you the other issues you raise here too.

PS Check your facts next time.

You're surely not suggesting you don't care for my posts about the utterly magnificent Brian Jonestown Massacre?? In the time of another two single malts I will resume normal service.

I can’t find the above mentioned Massacre on any media

If anyone fancies listening to some choons to celebrate our win can I suggest my sons band, Misplaced on ichoons

Thank you [emoji106]