Sons' sorrow

My worry is that Duffy cannot lose. He says he accepts full responsibility but can we really sack him? It is his squad, season is underway and who one earth would take on this lot for the kind of money we can offer. Conversely if he gets a better offer he will surely walk.

His casual approach to pre season signings suggests to me his heart is just not in it. We are in a serious bind.

Its not a great situation by any stretch but despite the challenges off the field the on-field issues lie solely at the feet of Duffy. His recruitment has been shambolic. I’m also beginning to question his commitment to the job and frankly the fans deserve better than a man at the helm who’s only half interested. At best, is a complete amateurish performance from a so called professional football manager.

So what can the fans do to help? Short of winning the lottery and ridding ourselves of the ‘businessman’ of Brabco? The club needs funds, but throwing money at problems seldom solves the problem.

What we need is a strategy for taking the football club forward whilst starving Brabco of any support whatsoever and indeed taking the fight with them public; when the time is right. That stage may come sooner than we think.

Right now though? A managers fund would help. Ringfenced to ensure all funds raised go to squad reinforcement. Any other Supporters Trust initiatives or Fundraising needs to be fully supported. We need a Trust AGM and at that we needs fans to step up to the plate, stop criticising (often rightly) from a distance and start supporting efforts to change the club’s direction from within. A strong Supporters Trust will go a long way to not only supporting the football club but blocking any hostile moves from Brabco.

Meanwhile we can only hope that we can somehow keep within touching distance of the pack until we either get some quality loan players in, and/or limp on til January in the hope we can bolster the squad then.

What we need now is practical solutions; right now.

47 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

My worry is that Duffy cannot lose. He says he accepts full responsibility but can we really sack him? It is his squad, season is underway and who one earth would take on this lot for the kind of money we can offer. Conversely if he gets a better offer he will surely walk.

His casual approach to pre season signings suggests to me his heart is just not in it. We are in a serious bind.

No matter what was said at a meeting about budgets, there is no evidence that such a budget was forthcoming. The evidence in fact is to the contrary unless we think that Duffy had a budget at his disposal that he didn't use.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Layne's miss on the goal cam is something else.

Dim Duffy has always rated him. lol.

I wasn't at the game last night so I'm not really to sure, but after watching the goalcam it looks like we had quite a few very good chances to score. That's not what I took from the comments of people who attended. 

Layne's miss was pretty bad but I do have a bit of sympathy as he looks like he has tried to place it in the corner but got it a fraction off. A bit unlucky IMO. 

Does anyone know if Carsy's injury is a bad one?

Carsy must be wondering why he stayed on.

I had this thought after the colts game.
Do you think he would go if someone came in for him in January ?
Seems weird looking towards the January window when this one is not even over.

Trying to stay positive but in these pressing times its proving difficult.

On a more positive note you guys should be seeing more on the social media front from the club including more from the facebook and instagram.

I had this thought after the colts game.
Do you think he would go if someone came in for him in January ?
Seems weird looking towards the January window when this one is not even over.

Trying to stay positive but in these pressing times its proving difficult.

On a more positive note you guys should be seeing more on the social media front from the club including more from the facebook and instagram.

Unfortunately I don’t think he would go if someone came in for him in January, I’m sure he would be.

That said, I reckon the same could be said of the bast majority of part-time players if a better offer came in at any given point.

Great CH/ sweeper, not such a hit as a manager.
Wonder if he's free to shore up our defence tomorrow?
330360892_Screenshot_20190816-163658_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c5819c0d8291c8be0e26feaf595a76a8.jpg
I remember Mark Clougherty's debut. Had a shocker, misjudging the flight of the ball several times and being at fault for at least one goal. However, he went on to become Mr Dependable in the centre of our back line.[emoji106]