Sons' sorrow

We only stayed up last season due to Don Thomas and his brilliance. We look that pish this season he would struggle to save us. JD needs to take full blame. Punt half the squad and bring in some better players or were doomed. If he cant be arsed he can feel free to leave and let someone else come in.

Dom Thomas didn't single handedly keep us up. We had plenty of guys in really good form in the final 3rd of the season - Barr, Ballantyne, Ferguson, Carswell, B. Barr, Gallagher. Dom Thomas wasn't even our player of the year, as good as he was for us.

A lot of hope seems to be pinned on Duffy making 2 or 3 great loan signings to bail us out but this squad is beyond bailing out IMHO. We'd require a full new back 4, a winger and 2 strikers to stand a chance, that's just how bad our squad currently is. It's not like a few tweaks here and there will change our fortunes, we are genuinely an arse end League 2 standard team.

Edited to add: if our thick slapheid of a manager could just stick to playing something simple like a flat 442 that would also be handy. His stupid 433 and 532 type formations are clearly too complex for the bunch of jobbers he's assembled.

On a slightly different note seagal is he good or pish.....personally after watching him after a few games i say the latter.....

keep your chins up guys  it's not a barrel of laughs up Airdrie way either. We got an undeserved 1 nil win against Accies boys and they rode us senseless all second half.
Bit of both I'd say... very much a confidence player, but don't expect him to get past his man if you play him out wide...he won't even try

Play him through the middle though and give him chances...he will score

Ended up our joint top scorer last season with 16 odd goals

Remember a couple of years ago when we were going to places like Tannadice and Easter Road and not only competing but taking points yet wise old heads warned us to enjoy it while it lasted? Well last night was exactly what they were meaning. 

4 minutes ago, PWL said:

Remember a couple of years ago when we were going to places like Tannadice and Easter Road and not only competing but taking points yet wise old heads warned us to enjoy it while it lasted? Well last night was exactly what they were meaning. 

I'm not sure that individuals had to be particularly wise to forecast that a period of competing with Hibs and Dundee United was likely to be temporary. 

Were not doing a very good job of attracting new fans or keeping existing ones with these performances are we? Crowds will continue to dwindle with these inept performances. Who's going to phone clyde super scoreboard and take it up with JD whenever hes on?

Our manager looks and sounds like he doesn't care, our players have no confidence and aren't organised and a defeat to a fucking colt side has literally been met with nothing but miserable acceptance from even the biggest of die-hard supporters.

We've played two league games.

What a fucking lol this is going to be.

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Were not doing a very good job of attracting new fans or keeping existing ones with these performances are we? Crowds will continue to dwindle with these inept performances. Who's going to phone clyde super scoreboard and take it up with JD whenever hes on?

I believe the Duffball is On-Air this evening.

Dom Thomas didn't single handedly keep us up. We had plenty of guys in really good form in the final 3rd of the season - Barr, Ballantyne, Ferguson, Carswell, B. Barr, Gallagher. Dom Thomas wasn't even our player of the year, as good as he was for us.  
A lot of hope seems to be pinned on Duffy making 2 or 3 great loan signings to bail us out but this squad is beyond bailing out IMHO. We'd require a full new back 4, a winger and 2 strikers to stand a chance, that's just how bad our squad currently is. It's not like a few tweaks here and there will change our fortunes, we are genuinely an arse end League 2 standard team.

Edited to add: if our thick slapheid of a manager could just stick to playing something simple like a flat 442 that would also be handy. His stupid 433 and 532 type formations are clearly too complex for the bunch of jobbers he's assembled.

Last seasons squad without Thomas is so much stronger than this seasons squad and make no mistake that it would have finished bottom without Thomas.

It was a bit of a farce he didn’t win POTY tbh. Everyone in the room must have been thinking we know who the real POTY is when Carswell won it.

52f17ec34b926a0dd473a97190fc00d8.png&key=2853fac7afc28cecfa65cd62da1c439b04a48c37695ec863fcea7f5d86440b53
Ehh... Naw. Are we trying to pretend to lessen the blow here.
St Mirren Colts are not a premiership side.
It does say "Premiership side St Mirren's Colts" to be fair, not really the same thing.

I don't think there's any need for the Premiership part though, we lost to a team of wee boys, which is arguably one of, if not the worst result in our recent history.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It does say "Premiership side St Mirren's Colts" to be fair, not really the same thing.

I don't think there's any need for the Premiership part though, we lost to a team of wee boys, which is arguably one of, if not the worst result in our recent history.

Indeed.

Great night for the youngster who scored though.

A1BPkq1-pCeVvW-N.jpg

23 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

It was a bit of a farce he didn’t win POTY tbh. Everyone in the room must have been thinking we know who the real POTY is when Carswell won it.

I wasn't. Carswell thoroughly deserved it.

10 minutes ago, super-son said:

52f17ec34b926a0dd473a97190fc00d8.png

Ehh... Naw. Are we trying to pretend to lessen the blow here.

St Mirren Colts are not a premiership side.

Honestly, some of the things the club twitter gets slated for is ridiculous. They're hardly going to put up the truth of the matter are they?

"Dumbarton are out of the most pointless cup in Scottish football after being beaten by a bunch of wee boys who have school in the morning".

Apparently my size of top will be in for the Stranraer game, and TTL are playing funny beggars, hence no new kit on their website.

Where did you get the info from please ?

In what way are TTL alleged to be playing silly beggars ?

Far flung Sons fans are being deprived of buying kit online.

Maybe club should tell TTL to f**k off, market and sell the kit themselves and keep all the profit.

I’m sure there will be some commercial reason why TTL have their finger in the pie and why shorts, socks, jersey printing appears to be monopolised by them.

It takes my mind off getting beat by wee boys.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Where did you get the info from please ?
In what way are TTL alleged to be playing silly beggars ?
Maybe club should tell TTL to f**k off, market and sell the kit themselves and keep all the profit.
I’m sure there will be some commercial reason why TTL have their finger in the pie and why shorts, socks, jersey printing appears to be monopolised by them.

It takes my mind off getting beat by wee boys.

This is the last year of our deal with TTL I believe. I extremely doubt we'll use them again.