Sons' sorrow

23 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most of the people I knew had absolutely no clue there was a football club nearby and unless you're a total dork like me, why would you? 

In one of the recent pre-season matches, boys from Renton Craigandro were carrying out ball-boy duties. They were all in the bar before the match and were at the table next to us. One kid asked my friend (wearing his Dumbarton top): " Do you support Celtic?". Another one then asked me ( wearing a black/gold Dumbarton top): "What team do you support?". It does indeed seem that some local young people are not too aware of Dumbarton. What was good to see, though, was that when some of the opposition fans walked past, the Renton kids started singing in support of Dumbarton. Maybe if we could get more local kids teams in for free then maybe some will take to it. What is utterly vital in that respect is that youngsters ( with drums or otherwise) do not get discouraged from attending. We are far too close to Glasgow to not encourage youngsters to their local team; to do so simply hands them over to the old firm.

In one of the recent pre-season matches, boys from Renton Craigandro were carrying out ball-boy duties. They were all in the bar before the match and were at the table next to us. One kid asked my friend (wearing his Dumbarton top): " Do you support Celtic?". Another one then asked me ( wearing a black/gold Dumbarton top): "What team do you support?". It does indeed seem that some local young people are not too aware of Dumbarton. What was good to see, though, was that when some of the opposition fans walked past, the Renton kids started singing in support of Dumbarton. Maybe if we could get more local kids teams in for free then maybe some will take to it. What is utterly vital in that respect is that youngsters ( with drums or otherwise) do not get discouraged from attending. We are far too close to Glasgow to not encourage youngsters to their local team; to do so simply hands them over to the old firm.
Well done, a post without mentioning you know who....

8 minutes ago, albundy said:
1 hour ago, RockMusic said:

Well done, a post without mentioning you know who....

That's for the weekend with a few single malts inside me. At other times I become normal, unless Boghead Ranter prompts me.

Waiting to flog all the old Stirling Albion shorts at a fiver a pop before introducing the new “kit” ? What a shitey, clunky website that TTL one is.

Absolutely embarrassing, trying to get a top, none in my size, waiting on an order ( must’ve sold hundreds) , the ttl don’t even have them on their site. Does know onecat DFC look at this?

Assuming he plays tonight, Saturday will be Stuart Carswell's 100th DFC appearance. Who was the last player to reach that milestone? Garry Fleming and Andy Graham were the first names that popped into my head - which potentially makes Carsy the first Aitken signing to hit 100.

41 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Assuming he plays tonight, Saturday will be Stuart Carswell's 100th DFC appearance. Who was the last player to reach that milestone? Garry Fleming and Andy Graham were the first names that popped into my head - which potentially makes Carsy the first Aitken signing to hit 100.

Andy Graham hit that milestone in a 3-1 win at Cowdenbeath in December 2014. Garry Fleming's 100th appearance was a 3-1 defeat at home to Rangers in April 2015. We won't have to wait over four years for the next one as Kyle Hutton is only four appearances behind Carsy.

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

Andy Graham hit that milestone in a 3-1 win at Cowdenbeath in December 2014. Garry Fleming's 100th appearance was a 3-1 defeat at home to Rangers in April 2015. We won't have to wait over four years for the next one as Kyle Hutton is only four appearances behind Carsy.

Was that the game where Fleming scored an absolute thunderb*****d of a free kick?

47 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Over 1 year on, still waiting.

Chancers

They never, ever had any intention of bringing themselves onshore. It was all just things they said to get the fans to back their proposal. They think since we've been told they're coming onshore that we'll just forget about it. That's how fucking naive these c***s are.

17 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

De donde eres amigo?

hola, de Logroño, La rioja, a city in the north of spain, the field of the famous wine "Rioja", I lived in scotland time ago, and I still come back every I can...

I start to follow dumbarton FC when they were the "best part-time in scotland"....xd

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They never, ever had any intention of bringing themselves onshore. It was all just things they said to get the fans to back their proposal. They think since we've been told they're coming onshore that we'll just forget about it. That's how fucking naive these c***s are.

It's also an indication of how naïve some of our fans are that their fantastic plans went unchallenged  for so long.  However, it's pleasing to see that the local press is finally no longer just recycling Brabco's  press releases, and we look forward to some background on the business of one of their consortium recently going under whilst allegedly owing a seven-figure sum to HMRC. 

No-one should be under any illusion; what was once probably a genuine attempt at a win/win situation for both parties has long since failed, and as far as Brabco are now concerned a dead DFC is probably more valuable than a living one - if we lose sight of that we may lose our club.

hola, de Logroño, La rioja, a city in the north of spain, the field of the famous wine "Rioja", I lived in scotland time ago, and I still come back every I can...
I start to follow dumbarton FC when they were the "best part-time in scotland"....xd

We still are mate. Just taking a short sabbatical to give some others a turn.