Sons' sorrow

Ryan Tierney and Isaac Layne. The only two forwards on the books. Layne has only once hit double figures in his career and it was years ago. McKee, Crossan, Hutton and Carswell have less than 20 career goals between them. McCluskey gets a few, but hasn't hit double figures in a season before AFAIK. We really need to hope Tierney is some sort of revelation or that Duffy injects some Listeritis into Layne, there's just no goals at all in the team. When you look like conceding a laughable amount of goals too, I struggle to be any more optimistic than Jan Vojacek was in the Lennox.

Hopefully Loy leaving (been confirmed now) allows us to bring in a new striker. The hard part is where we find said striker. Anyone got a spare (very long) bed for big Faal?

It’s a shame with Loy - really wanted it to work out with him, as I think he did too. Fair play to him for agreeing a settlement. I hope his playing days aren’t completely behind him.

It would be great if we were trying to offload a couple of players on loan - Zata/Langan and one of those centre backs would be my preference. There’s not too many players without clubs now, so I’d imagine any arrivals would be on loan.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Ryan Tierney and Isaac Layne. The only two forwards on the books. Layne has only once hit double figures in his career and it was years ago. McKee, Crossan, Hutton and Carswell have less than 20 career goals between them. McCluskey gets a few, but hasn't hit double figures in a season before AFAIK. We really need to hope Tierney is some sort of revelation or that Duffy injects some Listeritis into Layne, there's just no goals at all in the team. When you look like conceding a laughable amount of goals too, I struggle to be any more optimistic than Jan Vojacek was in the Lennox.

Scored 19 for Lok in 17-18 and 8 last season having missed the first 4 months of the season.

Edited by cmontheloknow

A striker is a must for us but I'd rather we waited a couple weeks and got the right guy rather whether that be a loan deal or permanent. DT last season was different class and scored a Barrowload agreed, but was playing a probably in an attacking mid position. Chris Kane was probably the closest to a prolific striker we have had lately.
Having someone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis makes such a difference to a team, something us sons fans havent had the pleasure of seeing too often. What's more irritating is the form of some guys once they leave us after doing not very much. Megginson, Brophy, Nesbit, Roy, Johnston to name a few.

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

A striker is a must for us but I'd rather we waited a couple weeks and got the right guy rather whether that be a loan deal or permanent. DT last season was different class and scored a Barrowload agreed, but was playing a probably in an attacking mid position. Chris Kane was probably the closest to a prolific striker we have had lately.
Having someone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis makes such a difference to a team, something us sons fans havent had the pleasure of seeing too often. What's more irritating is the form of some guys once they leave us after doing not very much. Megginson, Brophy, Nesbit, Roy, Johnston to name a few.

I thought Megginson was decent for us and wasted out left.  Brophy never got a chance cause Aitken didn't fancy him.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

there's just no goals at all in the team. 

We relied to a significant level on the 20 - 25 yarders from Dom Thomas and Ross Forbes last year. When both left I posted my fears about the lack of goals for the new season only to be told, by one poster in particular, that finding replacements would be easy enough. We're still waiting.

Maybe Saturday will show us that we're wrong to get concerned and the 5-0 victory against Raith will include three 30 yard thunderbolts, an Ibrahimovic style overhead kick and a Maradonna style solo goal.

It's ok. I've already made an appointment with my GP.

Dissappointed that it never worked out for Loy.
If he was fit and playing under duffy i think he would have been a great addition.
But thats that saga over with. Frees up some cash to bring in someone else hopefully..

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jim Duffy on the radio today tipping St Johnstone for relegation.

St JohnSons in tatters 😭

Confirmed by Sir Thomas in his pre-match interview with Saints TV - quite the riposte by the big man. Whilst Jim Duffy's in charge, I doubt there will be many pleasantries exchanged between the clubs now. :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Confirmed by Sir Thomas in his pre-match interview with Saints TV - quite the riposte by the big man. Whilst Jim Duffy's in charge, I doubt there will be many pleasantries exchanged between the clubs now. :lol: 

Savage.

Duffy should not be so unprofessional. Complete embarrassment for the club. Are other managers going to read that and think, "f**k I'm no sending players to that clown manager and his circus down there". 

It’s his job to give his opinion. I’ve no idea why Tommy Wright is bothered by this.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Megginson was our top scorer in 13/14 and tbh I don't see what Roy has done since he left us. Fair enough about the other three.

31 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Duffy should not be so unprofessional. Complete embarrassment for the club. Are other managers going to read that and think, "f**k I'm no sending players to that clown manager and his circus down there". 

In his defence he was asked a question and answered.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

It’s his job to give his opinion. I’ve no idea why Tommy Wright is bothered by this.

It's also his job to represent DFC and by being a cock he's made the club even less attractive to fellow managers.