Sons' sorrow

On 15/07/2019 at 16:21, George Parr said:

What an expensive failure he's been. This century's Calum Campbell. Only worse.

Some St Mirren fans actually argue that Jack Ross was right to let Ryan Hardie and Lawrence Shankland go to make room for Rory Loy in the "Great Escape" season. Hard to believe isn't it? 
Anyway I just dropped by to wish Dumbarton all the best for the coming season. 

16 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

Whats everyone thoughts on the fact that DT has been at all of our pre season / cup games ??

Im probably clutching incredibly at straws but we can hope...

Hopefully the *Angelo guy who now manages Kilmarnock has no idea of his ability/potential & he's sent in a taxi to G82 just in time to slip into a striped shirt on Saturday.

*Connah's Quay Nomads 🤔

Whats everyone thoughts on the fact that DT has been at all of our pre season / cup games ??

If Dom Thomas does go out on loan it 100% wont be to us. He could pretty much walk into any team in Championship and arguably 2 or 3 teams in the Premiership.

Given the standard of signing we've witnessed so far I'd imagine any loans we do get in will be unknown youngsters.

If Dom Thomas does go out on loan it 100% wont be to us. He could pretty much walk into any team in Championship and arguably 2 or 3 teams in the Premiership.

Given the standard of signing we've witnessed so far I'd imagine any loans we do get in will be unknown youngsters.

Do you know for a fact that he 100% ...??

2 hours ago, RGD89 said:

He's still good pals with Carswell so my immediate thoughts that he's down watching his mate play.

Likewise with Jai Quitongo. He's been at every game and I suspect that's more to watch his brother than mull over signing for us.

The baw is a funny game though...

Interesting if dispiriting piece in The Lennox about the club, but good to see clear blue water between the DFC Board and Brabco.

The Lennox could perform a service if they informed their readership of the competence and business probity of the individuals who comprise Brabco - it makes for interesting reading.

15 minutes ago, the snudge said:

What is the Community Stadium Company and the golden share and how does this factor into the club relocating? 

The club created an additional category of shares, known as either C shares or "golden shares", when it moved to the current ground. The C shares carried preferential voting rights with specific regard to the future use of the current ground. The idea was that the C shares would be held by a group that had been set up by John (now Lord) McFall. That group would have significant influence in the very specific area of the future of the stadium and could effectively influence whether or not any future DFC board/owner could sell the current ground and move the club to another new stadium. It was intended to provide a degree of protection that the current ground could only be used in a way that benefited the club.

The club created an additional category of shares, known as either C shares or "golden shares", when it moved to the current ground. The C shares carried preferential voting rights with specific regard to the future use of the current ground. The idea was that the C shares would be held by a group that had been set up by John (now Lord) McFall. That group would have significant influence in the very specific area of the future of the stadium and could effectively influence whether or not any future DFC board/owner could sell the current ground and move the club to another new stadium. It was intended to provide a degree of protection that the current ground could only be used in a way that benefited the club.
I think the primary aim was not to protect the interests of the football club per se, but to prevent anyone from capitalising on an early or easy sale of the land as a substantial sum of public funding had been required to get the project across the line; that was where the then MP came in.

We would hope that these Golden Shares are as watertight as originally intended, but as far as I know there has never been an occasion to definitively find out.