Sons' sorrow

Cheers all for the responses. Clearly a gamble, but then pretty much all our signings are and all things considered I’d rather be gambling on someone like Van Schaik than Ryan McGeever. Sorry about that one.
Nothing to be sorry about. Our gaffer has made the decision to sign McGeever, not an area I would be gambling in though.

Cheers all for the responses. Clearly a gamble, but then pretty much all our signings are and all things considered I’d rather be gambling on someone like Van Schaik than Ryan McGeever. Sorry about that one.

If anything he brings some smouldering good looks to the changing room.

#handsomelad [emoji23][emoji23]

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How was Jack Aitchison for you guys? We've been linked with a loan deal. Type of player is he?

Hardly seen him tbh, made 3 or 4 appearances then ran away back to celtic. Don't think he fancied the rough & tumble of League 1. Bear in mind he was only about 18 yrs old.

The whole affair is still shrouded in mystery

How was Jack Aitchison for you guys? We've been linked with a loan deal. Type of player is he?

No idea if he is any good because he didn’t stick around long enough for us to see if he had any ability.

As SE says, he ran back to Celtic after a small handful of very average performances.

We really needed some grit, determination and commitment when he came in, unfortunately he looked to me as if he didn’t want to put in a shift and the phrase ‘heart of a mouse’ comes to mind.

Good Luck with that one.

Just looking back at the summary from the Q&A with the club.

What's everyone's thought on this :

"Duffy believes that we have the 2nd lowest budget in League One. The club doesnt agree but acknowledges that the budget has been set at an affordable level because they won't risk the club's financial stability"

Are we wanting to be more ambitious or are we glad that budgets are being strict so we have a club in years to come?

I don't remember Colin Hosie putting it in exactly those words, but reading between the lines that's what's happening.

I'm quite content for the board to take care of the club at the expense of the league. There should have been more consideration of where the money was going when we were enjoying the wealth of the championship.

"Duffy believes that we have the 2nd lowest budget in League One. The club doesnt agree but acknowledges that the budget has been set at an affordable level because they won't risk the club's financial stability"
Are we wanting to be more ambitious or are we glad that budgets are being strict so we have a club in years to come?

24 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

I don't remember Colin Hosie putting it in exactly those words, but reading between the lines that's what's happening.

I'm quite content for the board to take care of the club at the expense of the league. There should have been more consideration of where the money was going when we were enjoying the wealth of the championship.

To exceed your budget leads to disaster, down here at Stair Park we can tell you that, even taking a gamble on possible cup monies should be avoided.

7 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Have you overspent in recent years?

Yep nearly killed the club, last season was we had about 80% of our team all youths most on loan, had to let our experienced players go could not fund their wages, cutting our cloth and good financial management pulled us through.

Edited by thomas 62

The longevity of the club is the most important thing IMHO.

We've assembled a squad with the future of the club in mind by the looks of it.

Which we all seem to agree is the most important thing.

Next question.

Do we think there was better players out there with what we could afford?

Or does it ease our minds a little knowing that although we don't have a great squad this season at least we have seasons ahead of us with q club to support?

Edited by sarti pooh

We've assembled a squad with the future of the club in mind by the looks of it.
Which we all seem to agree is the most important thing.
Next question.
Do we think there was better players out there with what we could afford?
Or does it ease our minds a little knowing that although we don't have a great squad this season at least we have seasons ahead of us with q club to support?
I think that's a hard question to answer. There was a lot of players available who we all agreed we would have liked to see at the rock and it never happened. Was it the budget or something else. We can speculate about what players are on but realistically none of us know for sure. Do we seriously think teams such as cowdenbeath, East Kilbride etc are paying their players more than us? If so where are they getting the money?