Sons' sorrow

I really cannot believe this.  We've just conceded 10 goals in two games (4 in 12 minutes yesterday), and it could easily have been double that total, yet folk are obsessing about strips FFS !

Why don't we instead question the logic of a club on a very limited budget presumably paying a decent whack to a very experienced Manager, which presumably (again) leaves that very limited budget minus that decent whack to build a team, with the evidence clear for all to see.  Is it just me or am I missing something here ?

There’s only one person who is responsible for the shambles that has been our summer recruitment and that’s Jim Duffy. For a so called experienced manager his handling of that has been incredibly poor. I’d echo what others have said, a centre half and forward are needed urgently but I’m not sure we’ll see them. Certainly not experienced ones. Most we can likely hope for is a Dom Thomas or Chris Kane style loanee.

As for the strip. It wasn’t as bad as I’d expected when I seen it in the flesh, but it’s not great. I’m sure the club will take on board the feedback though; those who think the board aren’t listening are wrong. It may be too late for this year but it’ll be dealt with and improved next summer. A fans vote is a no brainer.

I really cannot believe this.  We've just conceded 10 goals in two games (4 in 12 minutes yesterday), and it could easily have been double that total, yet folk are obsessing about strips FFS !

Why don't we instead question the logic of a club on a very limited budget presumably paying a decent whack to a very experienced Manager, which presumably (again) leaves that very limited budget minus that decent whack to build a team, with the evidence clear for all to see.  Is it just me or am I missing something here ?

Are you missing something? I don't know, the contract details are not made public. What we do apprear to have is one of the smallest budgets in the scottish professional leagues (pure assumption based on signings). If, for arguements sake, Duffy is on not much more than the next man, having an experience man who can get us solid if unspectacular is absolutely the right move. If Duffy is commanding a decent wedge, then only results this season will dictate if it was the best use of money.

Am I concerned about us leaking goals? You betcha, but I reckon the signing of a solid CB could help sort that.

Am I also concerned about the strip? Yes, I normally buy a top and a strip that is well recieved will undoubtedly get more sales. Asking £42 for a not particulary nice (IMO) off the peg top is something that I'm not willing to stretch to.

The thing I'm most concerned about is this season is shaping up to be an absolute minter and although I won't be walking away anytime soon I'm not confident everyone will have the same resolve. If we're bottom of the league after 5/6 games it could easily be a downward spiral. How the club is percieved and helped by the support right now is massive, every collaboration such as strip choice or transparency around the campaign targets are things we may well be limited on, but they could have been handled much better.

Even selling 10 extra strips at £42 a pop is a decent chunk of money.

Do the club only want volunteers for specific things they can’t be arsed doing themselves? Just feels like a lot of fans are going above and beyond which while admirable should not need to happen.

It’s not just about the kits but things like that add up. A kit that the majority of fans dislike = less fans buying the kit = less income from kits. Regardless how little or large that sum is it is money that won’t be made.

If the owners & the board aren’t putting any money in to the club surely they should be working on ways to generate cash and maximise profits from things like merchandise. As has been said, there isn’t a large amount of interest in merchandise but that doesn’t mean the club should be writing it off. If they are indeed doing things like that then a bit of transparency would be nice.

Look at snudge for example - potentially going to buy the new kit and a season ticket. Not a fan of the new kit... blocked on twitter...now he’s probably not.

A little part of me is holding out hope that we have been keeping a chunk of the budget back incase in the very unlikely event we get the chance to loan a player or hopefully players of a decent standard. Dom Thomas kind of level... i know its a long shot but I’m trying to pick any little positive from the last few weeks as possible.

Yes ! Even I am trying to pick out the positives [emoji85][emoji85]

See if you don't like the home top, buy the away one.

Club needs the money and our support.
I'm all for helping the club but they really aren't helping themselves just now.

You can't just say "We know we are selling overpriced crap but please buy it anyway because we are skint! Thank You!"

It would not have been difficult to ask fans to vote on a handful of kit designs, not that they should need to as it is well known that the vast majority of fans want a simple white kit with a gold and black band.

5 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

Chris Kane style loanee.

We'll pay you to take Kane if you want? I'll even drive him down to you.

Another two strikers available too, but I don't think we've got the budget to pay you for those two aswell.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We'll pay you to take Kane if you want? I'll even drive him down to you.

Another two strikers available too, but I don't think we've got the budget to pay you for those two aswell.

Don't tease now. 

I'm all for helping the club but they really aren't helping themselves just now.

You can't just say "We know we are selling overpriced crap but please buy it anyway because we are skint! Thank You!"

It would not have been difficult to ask fans to vote on a handful of kit designs, not that they should need to as it is well known that the vast majority of fans want a simple white kit with a gold and black band.

Yes but as stated on here multiple times the club can't afford a unique design so it had to be an off the shelf strip. Anyway the strip is the least of our worries

I think it's accepted that if you want a local team, high street or newsagent to be there you need to support it. There's often a premium to pay.

If you go to a coffee morning or a fund raiser, you don't quality check the raffle prizes or cakes, or at least I don't. I'm there to support the event/group, even if it means paying for a bag of empire biscuits made by a 6 year old.

Feel free to volunteer to help the club and trust out. If you don't know who to ask, message me and I'll give you some names.