Sons' sorrow

That Huddersfield kit looks absolutely tremendous without the sponsor. I think I'd kill for Umbro to make our kits tbqh.

Anyway McKee signing certainly helps things a wee bit. I am not a fan of, what I think, was a 4-3-3 the other night at all - but if we are going to stick with that then McKee on the right improves things an awful lot. It's quite obvious that neither Zata nor Langan can play there, but I'd still rather we switched back to a 4-4-2 - with McKee as the Forbes-esque right-midfielder and McCluskey as the Bobby Barr-esque hardworking nippy wee guy.

Add a quality centre-half (maybe a younger guy to play alongside McMillan) and a powerful striker and I'll start feeling ok about things. Not good...But not as awful as I did a few weeks ago. 

FWIW given the way he spoke about him the other night, I think Duffy views Shiels as more of a winger than a left-back - so I reckon that's where we'll see him played.

Glad McKee has signed, a good bit of quality in the midfield added.

I think those wanting another centre-half have their heads in the sand if they think that’s going to happen. We have Neill, McMillan and McGeever and Carswell or Crawford in an emergency.

What we do need however is a striker. We desperately need a bit of presence up front.

Anyone seen big Faal recently?

Glad McKee has signed, a good bit of quality in the midfield added.

I think those wanting another centre-half have their heads in the sand if they think that’s going to happen. We have Neill, McMillan and McGeever and Carswell or Crawford in an emergency.

What we do need however is a striker. We desperately need a bit of presence up front.

Anyone seen big Faal recently?
Why would we have our head in the sand? Wouldn't be the first time we've punted a player after a handful of games.

McGeever and Neil may get time but how much when the early indication is that both are bomb scares at the back and will cost us points.

Getting in someone reliable at the back is paramount IMO, if we leak goals its going to be a long season.

I think the pair mcmillan & mcggever can do their jobs as central back

maybe another full right back but mainly the team need a winger and strong striker

mckee, hutton and carswell (if he doesnt play as CB) is a really good midfield

not as bad team as we though 10 days ago....

I had a question, why the team hasnt any youth team or asociate?

I think the pair mcmillan & mcggever can do their jobs as central back
maybe another full right back but mainly the team need a winger and strong striker
mckee, hutton and carswell (if he doesnt play as CB) is a really good midfield

not as bad team as we though 10 days ago....

I had a question, why the team hasnt any youth team or asociate?
A couple of years ago the SFA intodruced 'Project Brave' which effectively cut all the funding towards part-time team's youth setups to focus on providing more funding to the 'elite' youth setups. Given we hadn't really produced any youth players of note other than Nicky Devlin (who was snapped up by Motherwell at the age of 17) the decision was taken to scrap the youth setup due to it being a drain on finances.

I'd rather we had something in place but given the circumstances the club made the correct decision.

or, so cant a youth team play local leagues?

maybe playing with youth u17, u19 guys from the town and nearness (without money) the team could improve their tracing and followers in the city

my view from spain, the team of my village (3000 inhabitants) has first team (amateur) but we are a team in each youth level with guys from the village and near. fathers have a session tickets and go to watch the first team etc etc. 

Edited by McGarci

2 minutes ago, McGarci said:

maybe playing with youth u17, u19 guys from the town and nearness (without money) the team could improve their tracing and followers in the city

my view from spain, the team of my village (3000 inhabitants) has first team (amateur) but we are a team in each youth level with guys from the village and near. fathers have a session tickets and go to watch the first team etc etc. 

That would be the ideal scenario. However, All of that costs money that we don't have to spare. You need to pay for Coaching Staff, Equipment, Players Kits etc.

It all comes down to costs unfortunately. Paying for training facilities, paying for coaches, paying for kits, paying for travel etc.

I reckon the best way for us to go would be to team up with one of the local youth teams and have them develop young talent with the lads having a pathway to first team football if they are good enough.

McKee is a gutless, wee shitebag of a player. Granted he's got enough ability to star at seaside league level in a decent team, but I'd be very concerned if I were a Dumbarton fan about his tendency to go missing whenever the going gets tough; which if Tuesday night's comedy display is anything to go by, will be 'most weeks of the coming season'.

McKee is a gutless, wee shitebag of a player. Granted he's got enough ability to star at seaside league level in a decent team, but I'd be very concerned if I were a Dumbarton fan about his tendency to go missing whenever the going gets tough; which if Tuesday night's comedy display is anything to go by, will be 'most weeks of the coming season'.
That semi-colon should have been a simple comma, but sincere thanks for your expert analysis chief.

I dont know why not.. no cost, involve the town and maybe some guy can develop till first time
moreover if there are a crisis injuries can play/sub with the first team, instead of go with 12/13 players....
There isnt the demand in the local area for youth football. Vale juniors have an under 19s and under 21s but other than that the nearest at that age Is clydebank. Both these are seen as pathways to their 1st team at junior level so doubt they would just roll over and cherry pick the best of their boys. Plus the standard is a million miles away from league 1 level so would be a pointless task. A better option would be to get an affiliation with either st Pat's or Dumbarton Accies and take their best players in a crisis, even that would be a disaster.