Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

That’s a sore one. If it makes you feel better, it’s not quite 8-1 at the hands of Montrose.

It is equivalent to a 6-1 League cup defeat to Ayr though.

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd love to say I'm shocked but when you build a team of rejects, junior/lowland league players and guys with little to no SPFL experience tonight's result is to be expected.

Can you imagine what will happen to us at The Falkirk Stadium this season? Falkirk FC will probably end up on the register because it's going to be a forceful bumming.

Duffy had had an absolute shambles of a summer. Tonight will hopefully be a bit of a wake up call for him, but I fear he'll dribble out his usual post match uninterested pish.

Excuse me. We are better than Falkirk

Need to give Morton some credit, they hounded us and pressed everything meaning we had virtually no time to lift our heads and play a composed pass. At least 2 of the goals came directly from Morton putting pressure on and us making a mistake.

At the back, Morton had it easy with Brian McLean and Peter Grant strolling through the game against a physically much smaller Tierney.

We lined up a 4-4-1-1 I think with McLuskey supporting Tierney, then changed to a 4-1-4-1 with McMillan doing the holding midfield role when he came on.

That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

Here's hoping that some team consistency and game time will improve things.

Despite being unsure if I have the bottle to watch them, are there any "highlights" from last night's game?
Can you laugh at tragedy?

If you have a sense of humour, aye go for it. It was ridiculous, I only hope the highlights capture all the mistakes leading up to the goals to appreciate their full entertainment value.

Oh Heck!

(Well, somebody had to......)

Been waiting on that all day [emoji23]

Its an amateur/lower league team down south they’ve been making shirts with mad sausage/hot dog designs on them and giving the proceeds to charity.

They raised over 140k for different charities including prostate uk.