Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Surprised about Ryan as he’s quality. Maybe the head knock at weekend been too much?

6-1 now. Aiming for that 8-1 as someone mentioned haha

Is this wee thing you've got going a result of the 4 defeats we inflicted last season?

How on earth did you beat Annan on Saturday with that absolute rabble?

I wouldn’t expect you to play that bad throughout the season but it would only take one or two similar bleachings in the league for the morale in that side to just fall off a cliff. The most concerning thing IMO would be that all of your defensive players were culpable for totally ridiculous errors in that game rather than having just one totally out of their depth jobber. That’s a much tougher issue to deal with.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

6 -1 to Morton 🤣 you would be better off with guys from the railways.

We got beaten 7-0 by St Mirren in the 2008-9 League Cup and then won our division by the next May.

(Clutches at straw.)

That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

Here's hoping that some team consistency and game time will improve things.

5 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

How did we look when McMillan came on?

That was terrible.

That’s what concerns me. The back four were horrific and it was literally like watching amateur/schoolboy defending (and in actual fact, that’s a bit harsh on that level). I mean Langan and Neil just looked as if they’d never seen a football before, howler after howler.

Hopefully we can eradicate those howlers and quickly, and I know lots of folk are wary of Duffy already but it doesn’t matter if it’s Pique and Ramos at the back, he can’t legislate for such utter individual calamities.

I'd love to say I'm shocked but when you build a team of rejects, junior/lowland league players and guys with little to no SPFL experience tonight's result is to be expected.

Can you imagine what will happen to us at The Falkirk Stadium this season? Falkirk FC will probably end up on the register because it's going to be a forceful bumming.

Duffy had had an absolute shambles of a summer. Tonight will hopefully be a bit of a wake up call for him, but I fear he'll dribble out his usual post match uninterested pish.