Sons' sorrow

Annan #5 should've dealt with the ball for our goal, what a howler.
Well finished, nevertheless. 

Annan only had 10 players on the field when the goal was scored. Swinglehurst Annan defender was off the field having treatment to a head injury.
Have to agree it was a howler by the Annan defender and a well taken goal.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

On another note, is it interesting that the squad numbers have been settled yet number 7 hasn't yet been taken by anyone? Far be it from me to try and put 2 and 2 together to make 5, but a certain previous trialist likes number 7...

Image result for joe mckee morton

(_) (_)=====D

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

Wouldnt another defender or striker be a priority....Mckee is a midfielder?

We have 17 signed including Rory Loy (who isn't likely to play for us again). If we sign another 3 (McKee, defender, striker) that would take us to a squad of 20 (or 19 fit players), which is around normal. The only reason I'd like to see McKee come in is because we have virtually no creativity in the centre of the park. We know what Carswell and Hutton will bring, Zata looks a little short of this level and in any case hasn't really shown any playmaker abilities. Langan may provide that, but it's difficult to see what he offers yet such is his short game time. McKee has better distribution than all of them and enjoys a shot at goal. I just think having a different option in there might suit us if we're going with a 4-3-3 this season.

Having said that, I was joking anyway, I don't think we'll sign McKee now.

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We've signed some guy from Rangers who is a left-back but will be our #7

I'm getting upset just thinking about it. Not really sure we needed a left-back either, but here we are. Another body I guess.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4095

Will that be a development loan? They don't count towards 'normal' loans so we've still got 4 available? That right?

I'm getting upset just thinking about it. Not really sure we needed a left-back either, but here we are. Another body I guess.

He might be able to play as a winger too, only a guess with the number 7 shirt

6 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Will that be a development loan? They don't count towards 'normal' loans so we've still got 4 available? That right?

I suspect it will be. I've got a wee sheet with loan rules saved somewhere, so I'll have a dig about for it.

Edit: All loans are now classified as development loans (as of last year). There is no age limit, but you can only have a maximum of 4 loans (excluding international loans, because no such thing technically exists, or at least did) at the one time.

SD will be along in a minute if I've got that wrong though!

5 minutes ago, Supremesons said:

He might be able to play as a winger too, only a guess with the number 7 shirt

Apparently he was a striker who was converted to a left-back. So I guess he's going to be pretty comfortable going forward, knowing Duffy he'll probably try him in a few positions. We desperately need a bit of width, so assuming he's strong going forward (and left footed) then I can understand why we went for him.

Also gets in my good books for thoroughly annoying this not at all bigoted individual:

Anyone else follow the lad on social media? I know it shouldn’t matter in this day and age but the stuff he has been putting on his accounts about how proud he is to play for ROI and putting clovers on his messages kind of turns my stomach.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/matthew-shiels.19702/

Edited by Jan Vojáček

23 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We only had one left back, so I'm okay with us bringing cover in for there after last years Dyer circumtances.

7 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

All loans are development loans these days, this counts as 1 of our loans.

Edited by The Moonster

Was hoping for McKee but no joy. Hopefully he’s decent. We’ve certainly got a much more balanced squad position wise compared to last season but I’m still a little concerned about the quality up top. Good finish from Tierney the other day mind you.

Brian McLean has signed for Morton too, which (I think) just leaves Grant Adam and Boris Melingui (assuming we don't offer him anything) as the only two members of last season's squad still get themselves sorted for the new season.